Rain Bird TBOS

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by londonrain, Sep 14, 2007.

1. Looked at a site today with a few Rain Bird TBOS units. Looks similar to the ezrain but I guess I will need a Rain Bird TBOS Field Transmitter. Anyone have any experience on these units or a TBOS Field Transmitter they would like to sell?
    Thx LR

2. Daily Lawn/Landscape

Daily Lawn/Landscape LawnSite Senior Member

I will be intrested in getting rid of my controller after this season if things don,t change with the only customer I use it for.

3. bobw

bobw LawnSite Senior Member

The two sites that I now maintain that have TBOS, I made the customers buy their own controllers... figure that they need them over the long term where as I could be viewed as a short term provider.

4. Hank Reardon

Hank Reardon LawnSite Senior Member

We have the transmitter and use it on two sites. Replace the 9v battery every spring and set it. No problems from us, so far. Been a number of years.

5. PurpHaze

PurpHaze LawnSite Fanatic

We used the TBOS system for about five years and they were very reliable. We switched to the Hunter WVS more for convenience (not having to get into the valve box and connect the infrared connector) and solenoid reliability (the low voltage solenoid for the Irritrol Century Plus valves we use is junk) than anything else. There's a thread that explains why we made the switch.

The only annoyance for us with the Hunter WVS versus the TBOS is that the TBOS is programmed like a regular controller with a single program for all attached valves whereas the Hunter WVCs require a separate program for each individual valve on the controller. We get around this by tracking the WVC programs with an Excel program which makes things less confusing for us.

I have three TBOS programmers and about 15 controllers in the back room... but alas I'm not in a position to sell them or give them away.