1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Rain day.......

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Furg21, May 11, 2006.

1. Furg21

Furg21 LawnSite Member

How many of us have to mow in the rain??????
  2. stuffdeer

stuffdeer LawnSite Bronze Member

You can mow in Rain?

I'd like to see my Toro go through grass and the 2" of water in our backyard.

3. Furg21

Furg21 LawnSite Member

i didnt say that we could mow in the rai i just asked how many of us have to mow in the rain due to number of accounts
  4. FrankenScagMachines

FrankenScagMachines LawnSite Platinum Member
    from IN

TOO MUCH RAIN HERE FOR ANYONE TO MOW!!!! I'm drowning! Its been pouring rain nonstop since yesterday afternoon.... Thinking about building a hovercraft mower :dizzy:
  5. Raven386

Raven386 LawnSite Silver Member
    from CT

ok i have a question for ya.... how wet is too wet? whens it just not worth even cutting b/c of clumps etc..
  6. LandscapeMasterpieceGA

LandscapeMasterpieceGA LawnSite Member

I mowed yesterday. and from 3:30-6 pm, it rained some, but here in GA, if it aint a deluge, I mow. Just watch out for wet wheel tracks on concrete. I slept very well last night.
  7. jt5019

jt5019 LawnSite Bronze Member

When there is visible water on the grass or when there's enough rain to make puddles in the road its usually too wet and just makes a mess...(just my opinion). some people will cut reguardless and dont have a problem with it. Maybe if i had mostly commercial i would feel the same. Im going out late today because its just too wet this morning friday sounds like its gonna be a wash out.
  8. FrankenScagMachines

FrankenScagMachines LawnSite Platinum Member
    from IN

well, if it ain't rainin and there aren't puddles of water, and your blades aren't throwing more water than grass, and when your not spinning the mower tires alot, then you could be mowing!
  9. Drew Gemma

Drew Gemma LawnSite Bronze Member

as long as no ruts are made and we don't tare turf we go
  10. It seems like the last couple of days I've chosen to mow in the rain!
    Yesterday AM we mowed all morning in the rain. Decided we weren't behind with our schedule so we'd wait for better weather today.
    It misted rain all morning then downpour for 10 minutes before lunch. We both got a little wet. Decided to wait for better weather. Here I sit looking out the window. It ain't raining.
    Tomorrow I'm going to PLAN to mow in the rain.:rolleyes:

We're set up to mow wet or raining. I just can't afford to get behind on some of the larger accounts.