rain finally?

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by lawncare18, Apr 27, 2005.

1. lawncare18

lawncare18 LawnSite Senior Member

Northeast is finally getting some rain with more on the way this weekend. You irrigation guys finally getting cought up on jobs? Or still working 70 plus hrs a week? Lets hope we keep getting rain so things will continue to grow.
  2. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

60-70 hours is about right for me with all the biz stuff to do after working in the field. My technician will definitely have overtime the next few paychecks, but another rain/snow/cold front is moving in and may shut us down or slow things for a few days.
  3. bicmudpuppy

bicmudpuppy LawnSite Silver Member

Ever notice how most precip terms are four letter words? Rain, Snow, Hail :( Here in NE Kansas, I thought it had finally quit raining (After 15 months of some rain every week and nothing but mud). Now we've had another wet week this week. Last year was year 3. Should have been my year to explode. Instead, while many around me were going under, I held my own and even grew a little. The old timers are saying last year was just like the rains right before the dust-bowl drought. I'm looking forward to this prophecy. Bring on the drought and temperatures. Lets do water rationing so my customers need me to set there controllers because they don't understand how and still follow the rationing rules :) Rationing rules so strict that the only way to have a lawn or landscape is to install irrigation and more versatile controllers are needed to meet the rationing requirements.
    I have a dream.............

And the thunder rolls.....:(
  4. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

My four letter word is COLD. We have dozens of systems on and another cold front and snow just came through. One appointment scheduled for this morning called and said it's 19 degrees at his place. Today and tomorrow are shot, and I don't know how to reschedule since next week is about 80% full. With little spots open here and there. And I may have to go out town next Fri/Sat due to bro coming down. I'm also worried about systems we have on. We've warned them of this, but they don't always listen. At least this may cover the 50+ Febco bonnets we pre-ordered.
  5. I know how you can schedule stuff.....heh heh......not much snow here last nite....snowing a bit now though. I'm not looking forward to more frozen mud.
  6. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

Not much snow...just too cold to be getting wet today. Looks like paper work and oil change day. Have fun in the frozen mud.
  7. Not today....paperwork day....have all of April's invoices to input plus my various anal retentive tasks related to invoices and deposits...glad to have some time to do this.

The phones should go crazy on Monday....below freezing still....has been all nite! :)

And I'll be in sunny Arizona probably for most of the week, but don't let that stop you from sending em my way....I can usually get them to wait 1 week when all you other guys are 2-4 weeks out.