1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Rain Gear

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by ACutAbovesiny, Oct 17, 2006.

1. ACutAbovesiny

ACutAbovesiny LawnSite Senior Member

I've been looking for some heavy duty rain gear. Something I can wear over my clothes and maybe even over a jacket. I would like stores or websites. If anyone has any suggestions I would appreciate it. Thanks.
  2. tjsquickcuts

tjsquickcuts LawnSite Senior Member
    from Atlanta

My wife bought me this really nice Columbia Rain suit off their web-site....Very Heavy Duty, and fits over my clothes.....Finally got a chance to break it out yesterday and today....been waiting all year....been so dry here in ATL....They are expensive....but worth it....JMO....
  3. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

My last rainsuit I bought from orscheln's farm & home. Don't know if you have one of their stores around you though. I'f I think about it I'll look at the brand of it tomorrow. It's a REALLY nice suit, jacket and pants, and was around 30 bucks I think.

Last suit I had I bought at cabellas, I thought it was one of the nicer ones, NOT! Completely ripped apart at the seams after wearing a dozen times or so.
  4. dcondon

dcondon LawnSite Silver Member

All my rain gear comes out of Cabela's:cool2:
  5. richallseasons

richallseasons LawnSite Senior Member

the theory of rain gear is a sound one but what happens to me is that I stay dry from rain but end up sweating my a** off and get soaked anyhow;)
  6. dwlah

dwlah LawnSite Senior Member
    from Argo Al

Frog toggs
    I picked mine up at a motorcycle show a couple of years ago
  7. thesargent

thesargent LawnSite Senior Member

look for grundens, its tough, i used to wear it when i worked in the woods, yeah you would sweat alot with raingear on but i can guarentee you i never got as wet with my gear on than without it. you spend 8 hours trompin through the brush and climbing trees in the pouring rain with out rain gear, you will be soaked to the bone, with rain gear you may get damp, but will dry more quickly on the ride home from work.
  8. bobw

bobw LawnSite Senior Member

Couple of years ago, I grabbed a Wet Seal rainsuit at Costco. Works great, durable as heck; might be a bit too warm for my liking, but when it's really pouring, it does the trick.

My local Costco still carries them, so you may want to check yours.
  9. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

great place with unreal amount to pick from
  10. nmez21

nmez21 LawnSite Senior Member

It's funny... people will ask me where I'm from, I'll tell them prairie du chien wi, and their response-"oh man you've got a cabela's there don't you!" gotta love cabelas.:clapping:
    I picked up a columbia jacket for $30-$40 2 years ago, really comfortable and i've been spraying it down with 'camp dry' about every 6 months, works well, im very pleased.