rain in north IL

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by mower&more1986, Aug 23, 2007.

1. mower&more1986

mower&more1986 LawnSite Senior Member

I think I had almost too much rain here the river is just about flood over
    and the tornado siren is going off:cry: :drinkup: I almost got my new truck stuck in my grandfather lawn today when i want to get it :laugh:
  2. Cedar Valley Landscapes

Cedar Valley Landscapes LawnSite Member

Yeah i know this rain here in illinois needs to stop so i can get some work done. You know its trange when in august the grass looks greener and grows taller than in the spring. But i cant complain cutting every week and making money unlike the drought two years ago.
  3. FinerCutslawnCare

FinerCutslawnCare LawnSite Bronze Member

Here in iowa it is the exact same! It has been raining non stop and all i can say tomor...wow i am going to be busy!
  4. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

don't curse the rain gents, believe me :nono:
  5. Americal Vet

Americal Vet LawnSite Senior Member

Nope... don't curse the rain. The 10" or so we got this past week has been a life saver. Everything is greening up again except for some of the trees, don't think they will recover until next spring.

One draw back though is that I put a yard in today and when they brought my dirt it was so wet it would hardly dump. I raised a little hell and he knocked 30 bucks off. Still had a heck of a time getting it laid in.
  6. mower&more1986

7. grassgirl4

grassgirl4 LawnSite Member

I'm backed up, too, and more rain is in sight ;) (still not complaining, though). I guess things are supposed to level off this weekend, so that will be good. Yes, tomorrow will be a busy one...
  8. jpp

jpp LawnSite Silver Member

Isn't that the truth. We have been below normal since the end of May. We finally got back above normal this week thanks to about 4 inches of rain. Things are beginning to grow again and that is a great thing. This year has been pretty slow due to the lack of rain. So I will take any rain that comes this way.

9. Grass Happens

Grass Happens LawnSite Senior Member

My first year was 05...
    Never can have too much rain. Never.
    That being said, If I had my choice, a little less would be ok!
  10. mower&more1986