1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Rain In Northeast

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by dmk395, Mar 31, 2004.

1. dmk395

dmk395 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ma

Here in MA I got half a day in today, then came the showers....its difficult borderline stupid to do leaves in the rain...however more rain on the way. Sitting out or working through it?
  2. noiseyvoyzey

noiseyvoyzey LawnSite Member

rain sucks, we got 3-4 days of it coming. I got some tree work to keep me busy during the rain, then i will get back to the cleanups
  3. workaholic

workaholic LawnSite Senior Member

Yeah its been raining here since tue. 3- 30 and isnt going to let up till sun. Hate when it rains every day for a week...
  4. Scraper

Scraper LawnSite Bronze Member

It's called spring...either sit it out or do what can be done considering the conditions...maybe go prune some hedges or cut back perennials from last season....that's whats planned here for tomorrow with full rain gear in hand.
  5. workaholic

Perennials were cut back last fall, leafs were done last fall and hedge and shurbs were pruned and trimmed last fall didnt grow much over the winter. Mowers are ready. So i guess i will just have to drink alot of beer this week and wait for the sun to shine.
  6. workaholic

Scraper what part of PA. are you from?
  7. impactlandscaping

impactlandscaping LawnSite Silver Member

We have been working dodging rain drops, and gave up yesterday and today.Doesn't look too good through the weekend here. Time to work on estimates I guess....
  8. rob1325

rob1325 LawnSite Senior Member

Same here too, Now I hear SNOW for Monday! LOL!
  9. grass_cuttin_fool

grass_cuttin_fool LawnSite Gold Member

I sat at a local cvs store this eve and watched a landscapre crew from maryland put down bagged mulch in the rain. I havent figured out why they are so far south, Im almost in north carolina, unless they had the entire bid for the stores in va. Glad i was warm and dry, they looked miserable
  10. sgoalie23

sgoalie23 LawnSite Member

i cant get to any of my dethatching jobs, to wet. Hopefully saturday it will clear, if it doesn't im screwed, i hate school!