Rain in the Northeast...what are you doing about it?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by mkwl, Sep 15, 2006.

1. mkwl

mkwl LawnSite Bronze Member

Well, it's been raining here in NJ since Wednesday, and is supposed to rain for the rest of today, and tomorrow morning (hopefully it'll stop before 10AM or so). I'm running 1-3 days behind my schedule due to the rain, the lawns that were supposed to be cut today will probably be cut on Sunday afternoon (don't like to work Sundays, but sometimes I have to do what I have do do). Are you guys working in the heavy rain we're having? Do you call your clients if you're going to be more than 1 day late for their mowing? Pl:cry: :dizzy: ease stop RAINING!!!

2. ECS

ECS LawnSite Bronze Member

Heck we are getting snow!:drinkup:

3. lawncare18

lawncare18 LawnSite Senior Member

working sun up to sun down tomm... and im sure most of the guys are in the northeast... grass is growing fast and I half to get caught up.. let alone how busy I am at my golf course job!!!! I cut last night in a mist.. and had to blow clumps.. gota do what ya gota do to make the money.. could all be brown now so I wont complain... All this extra money is deff making me think about buying another mower next season.

4. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

Wow, that's unbelievable. I'd go crazy if I lived there with the snow coming that early. :cry:

5. mkwl

mkwl LawnSite Bronze Member

Would you call if you're going to be 1-3 days late for their weekly mowing?

6. THEGOLDPRO

THEGOLDPRO LawnSite Fanatic

i sleep in, and do what i can when i can

7. ECS

ECS LawnSite Bronze Member

Forecast for Jackson Hole
    Updated: 3:55 PM MDT on September 15, 2006

Tonight
    Numerous rain showers...isolated thunderstorms in the evening...then numerous snow showers and rain showers after midnight. Breezy...colder. Snow accumulation around 1 inch. Lows 29 to 32. Southwest winds 15 to 25 mph. Chance of precipitation 60 percent.

Saturday
    Cloudy. Chance of snow showers in the morning...then scattered rain showers in the afternoon. Breezy...cooler. Highs 44 to 48. West winds 15 to 20 mph. Chance of precipitation 50 percent.

Saturday Night
    Mostly cloudy with a 20 percent chance of rain showers and snow showers. Lows 26 to 29. Southwest winds 15 to 20 mph.

Sunday
    Mostly cloudy. Slight chance of snow showers in the morning...then slight chance of rain showers in the afternoon. Highs 48 to 52. West winds 15 to 20 mph. Chance of precipitation 20 percent.

Sunday Night
    Partly cloudy. Lows 26 to 29. Northwest winds around 15 mph in the evening.

8. Lawn-Scapes

Lawn-Scapes LawnSite Silver Member

No... most will/should understand why you are running behind.

9. DBL

DBL LawnSite Silver Member

exactly what i do

10. Pietro

Pietro LawnSite Senior Member

I live in NJ too, and we just wait it out. My ass is up at 6am, I go outside and see if I can cut, if not, back to bed. Even if we can cut for 2 hours, we can still get 5 or so lawns done, which helps out enough. However, we will mow in the rain, there are a few accounts where it really doesnt matter, theyve got thin grass and it looks good no matter what. Just takes longer to use the blowers.