Rain is falling !!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Green Pastures, Aug 28, 2002.

1. Green Pastures

Green Pastures LawnSite Silver Member

It's raining in south eastern Virginia! The rain started yesterday, and a nice steady rain it is. NOT the thunderstorms were so used to. This is exactly what we needed. Thank you Lord!

The weather channel says to look for more rain through the 6th of Sept!!! I cant imagine it raining steadily for that long, and if it does we'll have grass a foot high. But this is good news and boy do we need it. :D :D :D

Scott

2. rkbrown

rkbrown LawnSite Senior Member

Glad for ya, Green Pastures. Hope that rain makes it south to some of our other drought stricken lco brothers.

3. Potomac Lawns Inc.

Potomac Lawns Inc. LawnSite Senior Member

i feel the rain here to in southern md

steve:blob4:

4. wojo23323

wojo23323 LawnSite Senior Member

It's about time!!!!!! :D

5. SIG

SIG LawnSite Member

Amen!!!!! We're back in the saddle again!!! Best thing I've seen since our last Blizzard.

6. Brickman

Brickman LawnSite Bronze Member

Good for you guys. You are lucky if an inch or two brings your grass back. That would barely green things up around here, let a lone make it grow much at all. The season in cheyenne on a good year is about 1 month from over now. Last mowing is the second week in Oct. This year I expect it to wrap up a lot earlier. The guy I sold my biz to told me yesterday that he has people wanting to go to two weeks because nothing is growing, it is going dormant or else already dead.

I expect that if normal rain fall ever returns to this country you will not be able to get a land scaper for any thing. They will all be busy replacing what has died. It looks terrible some places, like Fort Collins, Loveland, Denver CO. Cheyenne hasn't been placed on restrictions. Just voluntary conservation, so things don't look quite as bad here yet. But they aren't far behind.

7. Gravely_Man

Gravely_Man LawnSite Silver Member

Things are so dead here that I think it maybe a little too late to do much good. The grass has gone completely dormant and the trees are dropping leaves like it is fall.

8. Green Pastures

Green Pastures LawnSite Silver Member

It's Wednesday night and it's still raining :blob3: Weather channel shows rain every day from now through the 6th of Sept.! WOW!

Scott :D

9. kerr lawn

kerr lawn LawnSite Member

it is raining money and i'm very excited about this. Nice day off.
    bryan

10. m&m

m&m LawnSite Member

wooooooooooooo........i knew someone out there knew a raindance.........yeah we are getting it too and so far next couple days are looking good if it goes like they say.........we have had it since monday nite i believe or was it sunday nite? who cares as long as its raining