1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

rain makers wanted

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Grass Cake, May 21, 2007.

1. Grass Cake

Grass Cake LawnSite Senior Member
    from Zone C

Must include references and past rain making history.
    North Georgia needs you.
  2. tjsquickcuts

tjsquickcuts LawnSite Senior Member
    from Atlanta

Couldn't have said it better. We are dying, well at least some of my lawns. This is going to be a looooong summer. I have been concentrating on trying to load up on installs to off set what I think may happen if we dont get much rain.
  3. thesargent

thesargent LawnSite Senior Member

are the lawns you take care of not irrigated? you just rely on rain?
  4. QualityLawnCare4u

QualityLawnCare4u LawnSite Gold Member

Hey, don't forget about us in south Georgia here, we are burning up and I am off 75% right now. Worse spring I ever remember and no rain in site. And no only a very few of mine have sprinklers or will even attempt to water. H*ll, I think most are happy not having to pay!
  5. dgfitz

dgfitz LawnSite Member

We are just as dry, and as far a sprinklers go, around here we are on a county
    ban on lawn watering untill the rains come. Even the Mexicans have left.
  6. Midwest Lawn Services

Midwest Lawn Services LawnSite Member

We are short of the wet stuff up here too. Looks like rain Wed for us, and hopefully the weekend!
  7. Scag48

Scag48 LawnSite Fanatic

Seattle area is typically pounded with rain during the spring months, we haven't seen it this year. Finally rained on Saturday for the first time in a couple weeks after being 70+ for over a week solid. Lawns were drying out, I was counting my blessings, I can't have the drought this early in the season. Poured rain today, I haven't checked but I'd wager we got at least 2" of rain in the last couple days. We'll send it your way :waving:
  8. Grass Cake

Grass Cake LawnSite Senior Member
    from Zone C

I'm afraid QualityLawnCare4U is correct. There's the pesky water ban,then there is the customers semi-giggle
    when you drive by the property and see 1/2" growth on a bi- weekly account you can't cut a fraction of.
    Irrigation? That's like blasphemy to most country folk.(in their eyes,it's god's will that your garden/yard suffer).
  9. Mark in MD

Mark in MD LawnSite Senior Member

Dry here in the DC area too. Dulles airport reports .24 inch so far this month, when 2.82 is normal. So far it's all good though since everything is still relatively green since the temps haven't been too high. It just makes mowing that much easier. But we're going to need some rain by next month. That's for sure.
  10. DCE

DCE LawnSite Senior Member

Same situation here in NC too...