Rain,mowing,4th of july

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lawncare18, Jun 27, 2006.

1. lawncare18

lawncare18 LawnSite Senior Member

Whats eveyrones plans for mowing wiht all this rain this week, the 4th falling on tuesday? I am sure a lot fo you guys esp in the northeast are trying to figure out how your gona get all your work done!!! Cant wate to see the responces to this thought!!

2. K c m

K c m LawnSite Senior Member

:cool2: Ya man im pretty fired up. Ill jsut crank them out. Cause Crosby Stills Nash and Young are coming to town then

3. SWD

SWD LawnSite Senior Member

I, personally, am not working on either Monday or Tuesday.
    If my crews want the time then I will allow them to perform row mowing at several of the accounts I manage.

4. ProStreetCamaro

ProStreetCamaro LawnSite Platinum Member

We will be working thats for sure. Over the last 2 days we have had 10"+ of rain.

5. smburgess

smburgess LawnSite Senior Member

We're off Monday, and Tuesday is a paid holiday for the crews - I told them if they wanted a four day weekend Monday wouldn't be paid - everyone said GREAT! LETS DO IT!

As far as the rain goes, we might even cut grass Wednesday, everything may be too wet still - we'll see in the morning.

6. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

my foremen will decide after talking to the employees

7. Rickco

Rickco LawnSite Member

We'll work Mon. and take tues. off:usflag:

8. Fantasy Lawns

Fantasy Lawns LawnSite Bronze Member

We normally do our commercial strips, doc office, senate office, etc on Monday ....but we'll flip Mon with Tues n call it by noon on Tues .... otherwise they be cutting on Sat

I'm sure that's how my foreman will call it .... but it's his call

9. jt5019

jt5019 LawnSite Bronze Member

Im just gonna do the best i can. I dont really want to work this weekend im sure people will be having cookouts. I plan on working monday and taking tuesday off.

10. jpp

jpp LawnSite Silver Member

We will be working on Monday and taking Tuesday off. We might, just might cut some of the Tuesday Yards on Monday as well. Depends on how things go.

JP