rain needs to leave me alone

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by tpl, Mar 16, 2002.

1. tpl

tpl LawnSite Member

It has rained 7 out of the last 10 days. Forecast says rain everyday for the nest 7. I can't seem to get any work done because when its not raining, the clouds are so thick that nothing dries. What can I do to get on a lawn without my customers telling me to come back when it is dry.

I don't want to tear up their lawn with my ZTR and I for sure do not want to go out there with a 21".

A week behind allready and still losing money. Have a 3,100 landscape buildout that is taking me two weeks to do a two day job. PLEASE HELP

2. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

I sure wish we had your problem here in the Northeast.

But to answer your question, sometimes you have to mow when it's wet or when it's raining. Nobody likes to, but you're gonna feel if you don't you may never get caught up. And may have to "explain" your problem with some of you customers.

Take your time and go slower when you mow. Shift your cutting pattern a little each week so you're not always turning on the same spot week after week. Try double cutting, too.

And keep your blades sharp...change them every day.

3. millsmowing

millsmowing LawnSite Member

I wish you could bottle all that rain and send it to Michigan in July!! Keep plugging along, the weather is one thing you can't control.