1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

rain pluses an minuses

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by awm, Aug 16, 2002.

1. awm

awm LawnSite Gold Member

well i found alittle bad about the long needed rain. hit a mud spot in the rd and slid into the back of another truck. thank
    God he wasnt hurt. a fella going to a job interview. no tickets as it was called unavoidable. policeman said these things hadem working wide open.little damage to my truck ,but ill fix that. other fellas bumper just turned dn a little.
    dont really need any sympathies ,because,
    IM STILL WAY AHEAD OF THE GAME FOR THAT REASON. yaw have a great day . i am.
  2. Glad you are getting rain, even better that nobody hurt.
    change your id to
    aw "crash" m ;)
  3. Things like that happen.

Yesterday a tire broke off one of my trucks. $28 to fix, towing was free.

Always welcome rain this time a year.
  4. awm

awm LawnSite Gold Member

if itll keep this rain coming ,ill call myself most anything . thanks for the replies.
    signed aw crash m :)
  5. lawnkid

lawnkid LawnSite Senior Member

The last 3 days it has just poured and poured all day. Finally, it's about time. But We got caught today because we were using a Demo Great Dane Scamper and it got soaked. Oh well. It's suppose to rain until sunday here. I had to skip some accounts so i'm not to thrilled about that.
  6. wmsland

wmsland LawnSite Member
    from NE OHIO

Lawnkid, I work around the Cleveland area also sure wish I would have gotten the three days of all day rain that you got. Late this afternoon was the first real rain we have had in a while. Maybe I should start working in your neighborhood, the grass might be a little greener.
  7. TurfGuyTX

TurfGuyTX LawnSite Senior Member
    from DFW

I'm always thankful for rain. Without it, alot more of us would be without much work. I hope more of you get some. Let all of us see green. :D
  8. SLS

SLS LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mars

Alright!!! It's about time you guys started getting some rain! From what I've read, and seen, you guys could stand a little of that 'forty days and forty nights' action. :D

I was over in Maggie Valley last weekend and man was it dry...and I know that it was nothing compared to the Charlotte area. :(

Glad your little fender-bender was a minor one.
  9. Barkleymut

Barkleymut LawnSite Bronze Member

What's rain?

We are actually getting a very little bit tonight. As usual it develops once it is past us. It is hitting the Norfolk area pretty well. We may get a whole tenth of an inch tonight! So just 10 more inches and we will be right on track.
  10. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

In the last 14 months we've had 1 month with at or above normal rainfall. We are over 20" short for the same time period. This El Nino has got to stop occuring every 3 years.