Rain, rain, an more rain

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bastalker, Aug 10, 2003.

1. bastalker

bastalker LawnSite Senior Member

You talk about going from one extreme to the next!! Last year at this time it was constantly in the 90's, and didn't rain for the months of July an August.

Now it barely gets out of the 70's and has been raining for weeks.I was going to try and cut today but its raining. I have several new customers that I havent cut yet that need it bad. Guess I'm goin to break out the umbrellas tomarrow and go mud bogging;)

2. thartz

thartz LawnSite Senior Member

Was watching the weather channel this morning;East Coast looks like we're gonna get nailed again this week.Only people thrilled around here are the rafting people.Whitewater rushing everywhere down here.

3. HOMER

HOMER LawnSite Gold Member

Same down here. Last 2 days were dry and I started worrying about a drought! Still slippin' and sliding in the lower spots where the water piles up but hey.....it'll grow back.

Record rainfall in the southeast.........I guess GOD was making up for the lack of rain the past 4-5 years.

I haven't mowed a dusty lawn since last winter.:D

4. thartz

thartz LawnSite Senior Member

Homer;What's dust? LOL.

5. BSDeality

BSDeality LawnSite Silver Member

i drove home in 6" of water on a back road last night, it was un-real. Freakin' rain is killing me. Our pool overflowed 2 days ago, and we must have gotten 2"+ last night too.

I just wish we could break this stupid weather pattern.

6. KenH

KenH LawnSite Bronze Member
    from CT

It has rained every day so far in the month of August......

7. Gr grass n Hi tides

Gr grass n Hi tides LawnSite Bronze Member

I mowed in the rain all day long today. Just one of the many, many times it's happened this year. Seems like it's been about 50/50 days with sun/rain. Crazy.

8. Doc Pete

Doc Pete LawnSite Gold Member

Chicken:D .... I went out and cut 9 lawns today, Sunday. It just sprinkled a time or two, but you gotta get out anytime the clouds break. I saw 6 other LCO's out, too....... Brutal out there, but I gotta just keeping cutting as long as the rain stops....

I cut these two lawns on "thursday" and again today (Sunday), and they were "long"............Ugh!!!!!!!!!!

9. dvmcmrhp52

dvmcmrhp52 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Pa.

I love a good summer of rain!!!!!!!
    It beats the HE-- out of no rain and no income!
    Look at the positives of it rather than how WET we are all getting.:D :D

10. nelbuts

nelbuts LawnSite Bronze Member
    from SW, FL

Ok, since Thursday afternoon we have had 8" of rain. Chance tomorrow 60% morning and afternoo severe thunderstorms. Sure lost alot of pruning time. So I guess the mowing time will be slow tomorrow.