rain, rain, and more rain

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by plantzpropertymanagement, May 13, 2006.

1. plantzpropertymanagement

plantzpropertymanagement LawnSite Member

Well its sat and its been raining since thursday i havent cut any yards what to do right now its just a light sprinkle but every thing is water logged i only mow on thurdays because i only have about 10 yards i dont if i should try to mow or just wait its supposed to rain for the next 3 days this is NUTS

2. ClayMcC

ClayMcC LawnSite Member

YES it is NUTS and we've had the same situation here (near Nashville, TN) all this past week. Even when it's not raining... the ground is so saturated that my belt driven Metro wouldn't even go straight... it just kept turning left!!! So frustrating! And, with the price of gas... what are we to do? We can't afford to sit it out at home in case it stops, and we can't afford to drive to customers house... just to end up driving back home in case it doesn't stop.

3. Budget

Budget LawnSite Senior Member
    from Pa.

I have 9 and i cut them all on Wednsday to beat the rain. I know if i waited until after all this rain it would half way up to my knee. Plus 2 of them have a hill that likes to be cut when dry out.

4. ALarsh

ALarsh LawnSite Silver Member
    from Midwest

I'm with you. I cut 5 yesterday with the rain. Man it was a PITA. Still have 4 more to go. I'm glad I did 4 on Wednesday though...

5. jt5019

jt5019 LawnSite Bronze Member

Same problem here i have 23 i got them all cut but 6 smaller ones. Its not raining today but we just got about 5 inches of rain yesterday and i think the ground is gonna be way too soggy. Problem is tomorrow is mothers day so no work then its supposed to rain Monday.:hammerhead:

6. MysticLandscape

MysticLandscape LawnSite Bronze Member

Ya it rained here or was too wet all week!! Hope I can get out by tuesday next week...

7. nekos

nekos LawnSite Member
    from chicago

i think we got 3" of rain in the last 3 day's here in northern IL.
    im just skipping this week. hopefully i can start up again on Tuesday !

8. Freddy_Kruger

Freddy_Kruger LawnSite Bronze Member

I'm up to 23 now too and my biggest problem I moisture from sump pumps so far.

9. Mike's Lawn & Snow

Mike's Lawn & Snow LawnSite Senior Member

man i hope you guys arent complaining about being 10 jobs behind we are 47 behind and if i wait to cut these jobs till next week they will be a foot high especially once the sun starts showin its face around

10. mike lane lawn care

mike lane lawn care LawnSite Bronze Member

rain predicted for 10 days. i will cut the yards that have good drainage and no slopes, other than that they will sit. Noa, get your ark ready!