Rain...Rain...Go Away......

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by JJ Lawn, Apr 11, 2000.

1. JJ Lawn

JJ Lawn LawnSite Senior Member

All you folks up North that still have snow can come down here to the South and give me a hand.... Have rain and thunder storms forcast for the whole week. Am still behind from the rain last week. Pay won't be worth a darn, but I know a good B-B-Q place.<p>Looking for pontoons for my Walker.....<p>Jim

2. In my market the elevation changes from 500 feet to over 2000 feet in five miles.<br>Yesterday I was able to work my jobs at<br>500 ft but in the &quot;mountains&quot; the turf was still covered with patches of fresh snow.

3. DMC300

DMC300 LawnSite Senior Member

SEND SOME OF THAT WET STUFF THIS WAY!IT IS SO DRY HERE IN FL.THAT THE GRASS LITERALLY &quot;CRACKS&quot;WHEN YOU WALK ON IT!AT THE END OF THE DAY IT TAKES ABOUT 30 MINUTES TO COUGH UP THE DUST YOU'VE INHALED FROM MOWING THE WEEDS THAT ARE GROWING.DON'T COMPLAIN TO MUCH!<p>----------<br>DON<br>LIANNES' MOWING

4. Toroguy

Toroguy LawnSite Bronze Member

Snow on the ground as I roll out of bed. How far is it to the BBQ shop? My appetite is more costly than a excellent wage (Tapeworm).

5. lawngator

lawngator LawnSite Member
    from Florida

I'm with you DMC300. Here in Central Florida, we're having the worst drought I've seen in a long time. I'm afraid my well is going dry up before long.

6. cjcland

cjcland LawnSite Senior Member

i too am in central florida, lets all chant rain, rain come our way......or maybe red rover, red rover send the rain clouds on over<p>----------<br>CJC Landscape Management<br>Winter Haven, Florida

7. JJ Lawn

JJ Lawn LawnSite Senior Member

I have never been to Flordia, but never pictured it as dry, always thought of it as a tropical paradise where rich folks retired. :)<p>Here's hoping that you all get some of this rain. But looking at the Weather Channel it looks like it is all moving to the NE part of the country. Even snow in PA. and north.<p>The envite still goes for the BBQ, this guy cooks a rib....beyond discription. If fact see ya'll later, I'm heading there now. I mowed his yard yesterday and need to get paid.<p>Jim

8. Charles

Charles Moderator Staff Member

I never complain about rain. The last 2 good chance we had died before it go here, Ground is starting to dry up. Though they are calling for a chance this week. Not looking good for the summer

9. lawngator

lawngator LawnSite Member
    from Florida

Tease! Tease! Tease! It clouded up. I got all excited. It broke up and never left a drop. I fear that were in for a two month straight downpour, because mother nature always takes care of itself. My lawn business is part-time (afternoons). The 4:00 PM rains can cause a lot of stress.

10. Keith

Keith LawnSite Gold Member

I actually saw a couple of drops today :)