rain rain go away

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by CLARK LAWN, Mar 31, 2008.

1. CLARK LAWN

CLARK LAWN LawnSite Silver Member

We now have had our wettest March in history. Combine that with a record snow fall over the winter and we have a mess. Every yard is saturated to the point that you cant even walk on them. I have 25k-30k worth of cleanups and mulching jobs to do and cant even get on any lawns to do it. Rain in the forecast for the next 6 of 10 days:dizzy:

2. Andrew Kovacs

Andrew Kovacs LawnSite Member

Well... it would be a great year for upselling flat rolling lawns, and maybe this will eat up a couple of weeks of contracts for you.
    Just keep your head up buddy it will be here soon:usflag:

3. Atlantic Lawn

Atlantic Lawn LawnSite Senior Member
    Male, from Outer Banks NC

We're still behind on our annual rainfall. Georgia and NC still seem to be getting less than in past years.

4. tjsquickcuts

tjsquickcuts LawnSite Senior Member
    from Atlanta

Here in Ga, we are getting less, but we are getting rain, and have even filled up a few of our lakes. I have my fingers crossed, but I have a feeling that we are going to get enough rain to keep the lawns green, and plants growing. We have been so busy, that we are booked thru Sept. with installs....just hope that rain keep coming so that the people we have scheduled later this summer wont cancel.

5. Charles

Charles Moderator Staff Member

Ya here in SC, we have been getting a good bit of rain since February. The weather guessers said we would stay dry:rolleyes: Anyway I am glad they were wrong again. We are still not in a normal pattern and need a lot more rain before the usually dry/Hot summer hits. You just never know. Maybe a wet summer with lots of tropical storms. I can guess just as well as they can:laugh::dizzy:

6. grasswhacker

grasswhacker LawnSite Gold Member

This is what we woke up to this morning. Our creek is like the KY river.

33460002.jpg

33460005.jpg

33460003.jpg

7. grasswhacker

Couple more pics

33460001.jpg

33460004.jpg

8. WALKER LANDSCAPE

WALKER LANDSCAPE LawnSite Bronze Member

YOU HAVE SOME DRAINAGE ISSUES YOU MUST TAKE CARE OF.LOL. You could start your own water park thou.:waving:

9. grasswhacker

Nah, the creek drains very fast really. I'm sure we'll have Kayaks coming through today or tomorrow.

10. MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE

MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE LawnSite Bronze Member

Looks Like A Hunters Paradise.....