Rain.. Rain.. Go away...

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Lawn-Scapes, Nov 21, 2002.

1. Lawn-Scapes

Lawn-Scapes LawnSite Silver Member

Come back another day. Like.. two weeks from now. So I can finish up the season :D

We sure have had a lot of rain here. I think we are over 10 inches for Oct-Nov compared to last years 1 inch.

I'm not really wishing it away. Even though it is making things difficult.. :dizzy:

2. dhicks

dhicks Member

No kidding. I still have two yards to put in and abunch of scut work that needs to be done so I too can close out the season. I cannot for the life of me remember such a wet fall. Last year at this time we couldn't buy rain and this year can't even give it away.:dizzy:

3. Jimbo

Jimbo LawnSite Bronze Member

It would be nice to be able to wash the truck and equipment at home without a fine or the neighbors turning you in. Anyone know when Frederick County will be off the water ban?

I gave up alot of money this fall...had to turn away some jobs because I coulnt fit them in. Grass is still growing on some props and I cant get in to cut it.:(

Jim

4. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

Yeah, and when it's not raining the wind is blowing 20 to 30 mph. There is rain forecast for tonight into tomorrow with high winds on Saturday. I have never been behind on cleanups before but this "trying to do 5 day's work in 1 or 2 days" is killing me. I have a big leaf removal job scheduled for Saturday but that's probably going to be a skip.
    :realmad:

5. Gravely_Man

Gravely_Man LawnSite Silver Member

I hear you on that. That is why I am on the computer today rather then out in the field. The rain is nice but just not today would be much better.

Gravely_Man

6. LB Landscaping

LB Landscaping LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Maine

I'm way behind too. We had snow last weekend and the damn stuff won't melt away. Got a ton of clean-up jobs still scheduled, leaves are still in some of the trees. Looks like it might be a very busy spring.

7. dhicks

dhicks Member

Well, bring your truck over to my house if we ever get a clear day. I'm on a well and I know the neighbors will not give a rats Azz. We can even break out the power washer.

As for the water ban in the city, I heard on WFMD they have lightened the water restrictions so you can wash your driveway, and can water lawns and plants. But no car washing. I guess that's all a moot point since it's raining all the time.

8. Jimbo

Jimbo LawnSite Bronze Member

dhicks- I might have to take you up on that one. It seems odd that you can spray the driveway but not the truck. Who makes up these rules??? Who knows maybe I am missing something.

Jim

9. KirbysLawn

KirbysLawn Millenium Member

Same here. I tried to aeravate my last lawns yesterday and got stuck on every turn. I have had to buy a push mower just to mow some lawns because they are soooo wet.

10. stslawncare

stslawncare LawnSite Bronze Member
    from DE

its been raining non stop, when it stops we get a day or two for them to dry and then it starts raining again! i still have a few lawns to cut, tons of leaf jobs, plus a few other misc. jobs, was planning on doing them today and doing flyers, but by this weather it appears its not going to happen. so far for this month we are at abouit 3.75 inches of rain, we had just a little above this last month if i remember correctly. we are out of the restrictions now, when we were in the final stages we were able to wash our vehicles on the grass etc. now we can do it wherever. ill was trucks for $10!!!