RAIN, RAIN GO AWAY!!!!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Five Star Lawn Care LLC, Sep 14, 2000.

1. Five Star Lawn Care LLC

Five Star Lawn Care LLC LawnSite Bronze Member

Another rainy day here in southeat michigan, im begining to think that it will never end. I am curious to see what everone does on rainy days?

There are several things i do to save a rainy day:

Catch up on book work
    service equipment
    Give a few estimate
    OR JUST SIT BACK AND ENJOY MY DAY OFF!!!!!

2. LoneStarLawn

LoneStarLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Well we got about an inch today after 90 days of no rain here in Texas. So if you could send some of that rain down here.

3. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

Lucky you if you can sit back. The rain you are getting has been here in Wisconsin and has picked up a little mow from lake Michigan. Lucky you again. We have had at least an inch of rain average per week all summer. The grass NEVER went dormant and at a point I was close to a 4 or 5 day cycle in August. The money is good but a break would be O.K.

I was just in the U.P. and their weeds are cooked. It did rain a little but their grass is all gone. Good thing those boys get some snow. I have another front comin thru tonight so You will probably be playin Nintendo tomorrow too.

Fall is close, I can't wait for snow.

4. Getmow

Getmow LawnSite Senior Member
    from VA

Here in south eastern Va we had over 24" of rain in June - August. THe summer was like spring. The grass grew, we were behind and labor costs were terrible. This is the worst summer in eleven years of business.

5. thelawnguy

thelawnguy LawnSite Silver Member

Rain is forecast for tomorrow, I plan to get new tires for the truck, pick up new belts for the TT, get lumber to replace a rotted soffit on the garage, then distribute GWB lawn signs for those who have requested them.

I suppose its a typical rainy days activities.

6. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Hey fivestar, how behind are you? Up here in Flint I don't think we'll EVER get caught back up! And they're calling for more this weekend!

7. IRISH

IRISH LawnSite Member

2 Days behind here in Greenville Mi..

When it rains we fix everything up and now we are workin on the plows and dodges for winter waitin for leaves too

Also go bang some doors to get paid from usual dead beat customer..

8. Five Star Lawn Care LLC

Five Star Lawn Care LLC LawnSite Bronze Member

my operation is 2 days behind also, looks like we might get a half day of cutting in tomorrow