Rain, Rain Go Away

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Davis Lawn Mowing LLC, May 25, 2004.

1. Davis Lawn Mowing LLC

Davis Lawn Mowing LLC LawnSite Senior Member

All it has done here in Michigan, particularly my area of Mid-Michigan, is rain all stinkin month. Raining again today. I only have 12 customers right now(1st year) but 8 of the 12 use a local buddy of mine for fert and it is impossible to keep up right now. Grass is growing like mad on the fert lawns and it is soaked just about everywhere. Local river went over flood stage on Saturday night and it aint getting any better. Average rainfall for May in my area is something like 2.8 inches, we have had over 8.5, 5th highest May total in the last 75 years. All this probably means is that July and August will be a Texas sized drought. I am still getting to my lawns all week but the fert ones are so high it is sick the following week and all the customers want 3" cuts. I would love to cut 2" but I dont want to tick off the customers even though I have explained to them it really needs to be cut shorter in the spring if they are going to use fert on the lawns and only want weekly cuts. 4 days in the yards look like crap again already.
  2. Trevors Lawn Care

Trevors Lawn Care LawnSite Bronze Member

I KNOW>...I just finished a letter to all my customers saying we are going to a 5 day schedule

3. RedWingsDet

RedWingsDet LawnSite Gold Member
    from Detroit

this rain is pissing me off. everytime it rains i flick the sky off. hehe :p
  4. mrbenfer

mrbenfer LawnSite Member
    from Iowa

Eastern Iowa has been under a flood watch/warnings for the entire past week...

The Midwest needs a break from the rain