Rain Rain Rain Rain

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by minix, May 17, 2010.

1. minix

minix LawnSite Senior Member

Dam worked 13hrs on Sat and 14 on Sun to try to get caught up only to wake up to more rain today and tomorrow.

2. MikeKle

MikeKle LawnSite Platinum Member

They have rain in our forecast until thursday this week!!!! I had so much to do today and tomorrow too, OH WELL, nothing you can do about it!

3. Coastal Lawn Maintenance

Coastal Lawn Maintenance LawnSite Senior Member
    from VA

im glad we got the rain it been well needed but it will be a nice few days off

4. 93Chevy

93Chevy LawnSite Fanatic

I may actually enjoy rain days once I live on my own, but until at least this season is over, I have to deal with either or both of my parents when I'm not working. So needless to say, I try to stay out of the house as much as possible, 99% of which involves me working.

5. djflats

djflats LawnSite Senior Member

I live in Missouri just south of St. Louis. I don't have a business but I cut around 30 substation yards at work and I haven't cut in over a week. Some haven't even been cut yet due to the weather. I'm gonna have a mess when I finally do get to cut. The yard here at home is soaked too...needing some dry days.

6. mowZ06

mowZ06 LawnSite Member
    from Ohio

Ohio is getting a lot of rain for sure. I worked all weekend to get cought up. Only got 3 mowed today in the rain.

7. 93Chevy

93Chevy LawnSite Fanatic

Don't get me wrong, it's annoying, but I'd rather have too much rain than not enough. People with wells depend on this, along with farmers, especially to save up for the dry months.

8. LwnmwrMan22

LwnmwrMan22 LawnSite Platinum Member

Put on the rain gear and get to work.

Get the backpack blower out if you need to break up clumps.

It rained here every day except Friday last week and we were never off schedule.

I had to start very early and work until almost dark, but everything was done.

9. mowZ06

mowZ06 LawnSite Member
    from Ohio

If you had extra large yards on a prestigious golf course you might think twice about turning them into a hay field.

10. minix

minix LawnSite Senior Member

lol wish it was like that.