Rain, rain, rain...

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by alpine692003, Aug 6, 2004.

1. alpine692003

alpine692003 LawnSite Bronze Member

I had to cancel 5 jobs and I have a big job on saturday laying down 4,000 sq feet of sod..

How many of you guys work in the rain?

Sigh, I had a guy call me right now and he wanted it done now!!

sigh.. gotta go and do the beds..
  2. twoowls

twoowls LawnSite Member

Just South of you and still going out mowing it is either that or work on sunday
  3. alpine692003

LOL .. doesnt' matter to me, I have to work 7 days next week anyways inc. sunday, geez..

Customers... its okay, you can come by and still do it.. even though I'll track and leave mud? Yep, its okay..
  4. BCSteel

BCSteel LawnSite Senior Member

I think a better question is, how many people dont work in the rain.
  5. qualitylandscaping

qualitylandscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

lately, I haven't had a choice. If I don't mow, I will be weeks behind since its raining hard everyday..
  6. lqmustang

lqmustang LawnSite Senior Member

I keep mowing unless it starts to get really soaked. If I called it a day every time it rained I'd never get anything done. So far this season, I've only made it thru my route twice without dodging raindrops.
  7. craigs lawncare

craigs lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

I hope it keeps raining here in Michigan. Its been the best summer for me since I have started lawn mowing.

Its that simple.

Plus its nice to see everything so green this time of year instead of brown dormant grass.

:) :) :) :) :)
  8. valley boy

valley boy LawnSite Member

Alpine its only rained a couple of times in the past two months .Most of my customers lawns could use some rain , I dont like working in the rain but I do , what the heck its money right.

Valley boy
  9. alpine692003

Ya, sigh ..

not just rain, but soaking rain..
  10. nriddle77

nriddle77 LawnSite Senior Member

I never miss work time because of rain. It is very dry here, and it never rains for very long.