1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Rain Sensor/Controller error

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by nswc101, Jul 26, 2011.

1. nswc101

nswc101 LawnSite Member

Went to turn on a system today, (I know its kind of late in the year for us up here in MA). Everything looked to be in good working order except when I went to run each zone or program the system, I kept getting "OFF" and "sensor" on the screen and could not manually or use the program to run the system. It did rain last night but it was dry today. I disconnected the wiring for the sensor, hoping to eliminate any problems it may be causing. Even with te sensor disconnected I am still getting the messages on the screen and unable to run the system. Any ideas or suggestions? I have also tried disconnecting the power, to reset the controller. Thanks
  2. Which controller and did you put a jumper in between the two sensor terminals?
  3. nswc101

nswc101 LawnSite Member

It was a newer hunter residential model with 6 zones, I completely disconnected the two sensor wires so that it should in theory have no influence on the controller whatsoever.
  4. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

check the blinker fluid
  5. No...In theory you broke the common wire continuity.
  6. nswc101

nswc101 LawnSite Member

Know where i can get a good price on some of that fluid you mentioned?
  7. nswc101

nswc101 LawnSite Member

Ok, even with the bypass switch on and the wires connected I was still getting the error.
  8. That's a different matter.

Power the controller down. Disconnect the 9v battery. Leave it alone for a few hours then come back and reboot and see if it works okay.
  9. nswc101

nswc101 LawnSite Member

Thanks, I was gonna go back and do that actually
  10. While we wait I'll do a hijack