rain sensor survey

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by irrig8r, Jun 26, 2007.

1. irrig8r

irrig8r LawnSite Platinum Member

Anyone else get an email askinng you to participate in a survey that ends up being about rain sensors? It's comparing features and brands, wired and wireless.

In the end it promotes a particular brand and model... so I'm assuming they sponsored the survey. Seems to me it might have been a better idea just to send out a sample to interested contractors... but of course I'm no marketing genius.

It went like this:

Dear Landscape Professional,

We are offering a select number of irrigation equipment experts like yourself the opportunity to earn $25 in only 8 minutes of time.

As a select member of the landscape community, your feedback is extremely valuable to irrigation product manufacturers that want to improve the products and prices they offer you. Leading manufacturers in the industry have commissioned ConsumerQuest to obtain your feedback. Please take about 8 minutes of your time to tell us what you prefer about different products. If you complete this survey, you will be sent $25 in appreciation, and will also be entered into a random drawing for a $1000 prize.

I gave them accurate answers.

2. paolaken

paolaken LawnSite Senior Member

i just got the same email this morning. didn't have time to look at it yet. guess i wont.

3. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

The link in my email took to me to some site with hot Russian women...

4. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

You guys with dial-up have all the luck!

5. BSME

BSME LawnSite Senior Member
    from Midwest

i got that email... didn't get through the first line before it got deleted

6. PurpHaze

PurpHaze LawnSite Fanatic

I didn't get one like that but I did receive a "free lawn tractor" offer email this morning. Maybe someone has gotten LawnSite's member list? The sender was "LawnMower" and at first I thought it was the routine LawnSite email notification of a thread reply.

7. irrig8r

irrig8r LawnSite Platinum Member

Well, I completed the survey, and another one last week from something called Survey Monkey that was about K-Rain rotors...

I'm not holding my breath, but a $25 check for a 10 minute survey while sitting at my desk and enjoying a cold brew seemed like a fair deal to me...

8. I won't answer any of these type of emails for the simple reason that how in the heck did they get my email in the first place?

If it came from either the trade mags i subscribe to or this site(something that I do not appreciate) I don't and would not trust the source.

Frankly, if you do not know the source of the email, not very smart giving out information.

9. PurpHaze

PurpHaze LawnSite Fanatic

Until they sell your email addy to another list and the spam comes rolling in. :)

10. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

Yeah, I got it but didn't respond. Won't either. I started to respond to the K-Rain one and then said screw it, not doin' it.