Rain V.S spraying?

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Bunton Guy, May 6, 2003.

1. Bunton Guy

Bunton Guy LawnSite Bronze Member

Getting anxious to get some of these weeds killed off as I have done a split app of pre-M by lesco and didnt have the best of luck with it. We have been getting pounded with rain for the last few weeks. When is the best time to spray after or between a rain? You cant spray when the lawn is damp right? Do you just tell the customer to be patient or do you wait for a break in the rain for a few hours and head out? I just as soon wait for a day with no rain but wasent sure if I should wait till the lawn completely dries out which wont be for another week and a half or more.
  2. EJK2352

EJK2352 LawnSite Bronze Member

What weeds did you expect to control with Pre-M ???
  3. Scraper

Scraper LawnSite Bronze Member

Maybe grassy weeds?
  4. Bunton Guy

Bunton Guy LawnSite Bronze Member

Some of the ones nagging me are dachondra, virginia buttonweed, clover & Dandelions.
  5. LawnMagic1

LawnMagic1 LawnSite Member

:blob2: My suggestion would be to wait until there are drier conditions. When you spray products that have dicamba or 2,4 d in them(trimec,strike 3, banvel), they tend to leach into non-taget areas like drinking water. Millenium ultra, Trimec 992, and Horsepower are some excellent products to use on the weeds you mentioned. Virginia buttonweed may require a repeat appl.

Good Luck!:drinkup: