Rain Water In Cylinder

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by thegreenjeansman, Jun 6, 2004.

1. thegreenjeansman

thegreenjeansman LawnSite Member

OK. WE'VE BEEN WITHOUT RAIN FOR 3 MONTHS DOWN HERE, FINALLY GOT SOME SERIOUS RAIN WENSDAY ALMOST 2'', HAIL SEVERE WIND-KICKED OUR BUT.
    HERE'S THE PROBLEM THURSDAY MORNING ONLY ONE BLOWER PACK STARTS UP OUT OF 3:confused: RECOIL SNAPS AT ME SO I THINK SOMTHING IS IN THE FAN STOPPING IT,PULL RUBBER BOOT OFF CARB WITH FILTER AND TIP HOUSING UP SIDE DOWN AND OUT COMES THE RAIN WATER:eek: , PULL PLUG AND PRCEED TO DRAIN A GOOD BIT OF WATER OUT OF CYLINDER,DRY IT OUT AS WELL AS I CAN DROP A SPOON FULL OF MYSTRY OIL IN AND LET IT SOAK,CLEAN PLUG,GENERALLY DRY THE ECHO AS WELL AS I CAN, START THE PACK UP , AND IT RUNS:blob3: SOUNDS A BIT TINNY ,BLEW OUT A LITTLE WATER FROM MUFFLER, SMOKED A BIT ,BUT KICKED UP TO FULL SPEED,
    QUESTION IS DO I NEED TO STRIPP ANY THING AND CHECK FOR DAMAGE? SHOULD I SOAK SOME OIL IN TO THE CYLINDER TO COUNTER ACT THE WATER, I JUST HAVEN'T HAD THIS BIG OF A WATER PROBLEM, I KNOW IT'S RUNNING AND I'M LUCKY BUT WHAT CAN I DO TO PREVENT IT FROM CROAKING OUT AN EARLY DEATH BECAUSE I DIDN'T DO SOME PREVENTIVE MATINENCE, I'LL TAKE ANY SUGGESTIONS,THANKS:

2. JPLAWNSERVICE

JPLAWNSERVICE LawnSite Member

Sounds like you did the right things by dumping out the water and putting in a little mystery oil. Since you got it running the only thing that you need to do is make sure after it starts to let it run for a while and get it up to temperature and this should evaporate any water that is in it. When the fuel mixture goes through it should oil everything back up o.k.

3. TClawn

TClawn LawnSite Silver Member

do what jplawnservice said and it should be all right