Rain X

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by Lawnchoice, Nov 3, 2004.

1. Lawnchoice

Lawnchoice LawnSite Senior Member

Who uses this stuff?

Wondering how it will work in the winter during plowing??

Thanks

2. dobehap

dobehap LawnSite Senior Member

Great stuff. If you are going over 25mph, you dont even need to use wipers when its raining.

3. Envision

Envision LawnSite Member

Wouldn't go without it. Not sure how it would behave when plowing since you aren't going as fast, but it definately would bead the water up and make it easier for your wipers to do its job.

4. Randy J

Randy J LawnSite Bronze Member

As testified to already, it works great. Just make sure your windshield is clean before applying. If you can find Bon Ami - it's a cleanser like Ajax or Comet, at the store, that works best. It's a little less agressive than the rest, and will work well on your windshield.

5. xcopterdoc

xcopterdoc LawnSite Senior Member

Works great! Good tip about the Bonami Randy! It will not scratch yur windshield. I dont know if the others will or not. Not worth the chance tho. The wiperblade manufactures use Bonami to clean winshields prior to wiperblade tests. As a matter of fact.. I think Bonamis' tag line is something like... "never scratched yet" or something like that. Clean the windshield good, apply the Rain X as per the instructions and I'll bet you'll be amazed.

6. grass_cuttin_fool

grass_cuttin_fool LawnSite Gold Member

I use it and it works wonders, If you use Prestone's winshield anti freeze or any De icer it takes it off in a few seconds so if the winshield has ice on it scrape it off

7. shepoutside

shepoutside LawnSite Bronze Member

I also use it on everything, even my fishing boat, and cabs on my tractors, work great :)

8. j_loppy

j_loppy LawnSite Member

Use rain-x all the time. I put it on every window of my vehicles.

Bonami "soap" ! My dad told me he used to use that when he was a kid and said it was the greatest stuff ever made. Where do ya'll find it? I'm in NC...

9. Liberty Lawncare

Liberty Lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

you can get rainx in a windshield wash. press the button and voila clean and rainx all at once. It doesent freeze in the bottle so I use it when plowing. It does help melted snow to bead and runoff the windshield.

10. Green Pastures

Green Pastures LawnSite Silver Member

Best stuff since sliced bread.

:cool2: