Rain!!!!! Yes Yes Yes

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by ProStreetCamaro, Jun 25, 2006.

1. ProStreetCamaro

ProStreetCamaro LawnSite Platinum Member

Its been pouring ever since 6 this morning. We are under flash flood watches and it looks like rain most of the day here and rain every day this week!!!! This is just in time too I hope. The lawns here in MD are all turning brown from hot dry conditions. Anybody else getting the rain in the north east that needed it?

2. Lazer_Z

Lazer_Z LawnSite Silver Member
    from NJ

I'm looking out my window as I'm typing this watching it rain.

Rob

3. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

Yeah man, we got a nice 40-some minute T-storm friday evening here in Va, then it stopped for a few hours and later that night it came down lightly but still good and solid for another 30-45 minutes, maybe an hour.

It's not much, we need more, but it's enough to help a LOT and I feel your excitement myself brother.
    It is a little late in the year but it will provide a boost, you'll feel it in your billing and deposits department but take it easy, it's a boost, nothing to go out and spend a lot of money over.

Lco's are likely one of the few species of humans in the world who get excited about RAIN LOL!

4. ProStreetCamaro

ProStreetCamaro LawnSite Platinum Member

Very true about being just a boost. So far we have gotten about 2 inch's since 7 and its just now starting to slow down. I looked at the radar and looks like more on the way. Forcast for this week looks like alot of rain so maybe in this area it will make a big turn around. Friday we cut 5 big lawns that are an acre plus in one neighberhood. We skipped them the week before and after 2 weeks they didnt need cutting at all but we did it anyway. :laugh: This rain may just help the lawns turn around in the right direction for a couple weeks.

5. deereman

deereman LawnSite Senior Member
    from USA

Yes we are to getting the rain!! Later today we are getting the mowers out for the first time in two weeks! Awesome!

6. Aaron's Lawn Care

Aaron's Lawn Care LawnSite Member

I'm here in MD too and we really needed this rain. I wish it would only rain at night though so I wouldn't get behind on the schedule. But at this point I'll take what I can get!

7. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

Yeah, my own lawn turned back to a really nice green, I've been watering it to keep it from going totally dead but...

This rain has helped a lot, I would still advise financial caution because although I hope it is a turn of events, only time will tell and I'm not so sure... What I'm saying is, the weather has been like this:
    - First, NO rain at all for at least 4-6 weeks in a row.
    - Right when it gets really bad, here come the teaser showers, that lasts for about 2 weeks of sprinkles and 10-minute T-showers.
    - Just when I think I can't take it anymore, BLAM here comes a TON of rain and it's enough to get us out of the worst.
    - And then it rains some more, but right when I am thinking we're about out of the hole, the stupid pattern starts all over again.
    And it's been doing that crap here since March...

So yes, I certainly hope we're out of that hole, but I wouldn't count the chickens until they're way past hatched and fully grown LOL.

8. maxkicker

maxkicker LawnSite Member

most my customers water there lawns, im happy to say i havent skiped a lawn yet this year cut most every week

9. Rickco

Rickco LawnSite Member

We've had rain pretty much every week and then some.Slows us down a little but cutting continuously here in Mass.:clapping:

10. Gatewayuser

Gatewayuser LawnSite Bronze Member

We keep getting rain like crazy it has not been this wet in June in a long time. The lawns here are still growing like its spring time and they are calling for rain every day next week too. Good Luck to all of you needing rain I hope you get plenty! I know what it feels like when you don't get enough rain.