Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by chuck bow, May 12, 2006.

1. chuck bow

chuck bow LawnSite Senior Member

Well guys some one will blast me but iam in Indiana and feel like iam in pacific northwest its rained about 3 inches since wed afternoon and a chance of rain till next fri, everything is waterlogged and tracking somewhat but you have no choice but to cut cause if sun ever does come out look out it will grow over a inch a day
  2. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

it's real simple...ya gotta do what ya gotta do to get the job done. period
  3. jpp

jpp LawnSite Silver Member

We had rain here today and yesterday. We stopped yesterday thinking we would be ok to finish today. Not. Will be cutting on Saturday to finish out the yards for the week regardless if it is raining. We need the rain so I am not complaining. Plan on taking my baggers in case a customer complains. But I don't expect any issues.
  4. Howie's Lawn Care

Howie's Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

Do you guys think this is an occasion where it is alright to mow on Sunday. I haven't this year, but its been raining solid since wednesday.
  5. jpp

jpp LawnSite Silver Member

This Sunday is Mothers Day. So that would be a no from me.
  6. Drew Gemma

Drew Gemma LawnSite Bronze Member

if it is crappy out then yes because they will be inside not out. Just tell them what I tell em het we are behind casue of weather either today or you wait another week and I guarantee those clupms will be twice the size of todays clumps. Then they are like um? do what you gotta do.
  7. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

dunno, i never cut in the rain.
  8. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping LawnSite Gold Member

weve got 2-4 inches of RAIN comming over the next couple days, man it feels like im predicting snow!
  9. MysticLandscape

MysticLandscape LawnSite Bronze Member

ya to bad we didn't even get that much snow over the winter... :hammerhead:
  10. jameson

jameson LawnSite Fanatic
    from PNW

Mr. Bow,

We call that 'Liquid Sunshine' out here in the PNW! Mow my friend mow!