Rain!!!

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by JG Landscaping, Aug 28, 2006.

1. JG Landscaping

JG Landscaping LawnSite Member

Finally getting some much needed rain tonight in the northeast!!! I dont think its goin to do much good even though im happy. Most of my props. are just burnt to he*! that it wont help....Oh well just got excited when i saw it and had to post....cheers....:drinkup:

2. LushGreenLawn

LushGreenLawn LawnSite Silver Member

I was logging on to post the same thing, I woke up to the sound of rain!!:cool2:

3. garth1967

garth1967 LawnSite Senior Member

beautiful aint it .first good rain here in 2 months*aussieflag*

4. MLawns

MLawns LawnSite Member

I don't know if this is the right forum for this. Yesterday morning in upstate NY, a 7 year old girl ran out to talk to her mother who was mowing the lawn, mom didn't know she was there and backed into her, knocking her down and running over her, severing her left foot. Goes to show the dangers of this equipment and being alert. Dad was in the house.

5. yardmanlee

yardmanlee LawnSite Senior Member

I was going down the rode saturday and seen a man hanging on to a child with the blades engaged and mowing a slope !!!! stupid stupid stupid !!!!!
    and btw send some rain this way please !!!!

6. MLawns

MLawns LawnSite Member

I can't imagine anyone doing a slope with a kid like that. There shoul be laws to that effect, like the seat belt laws that we all used to gripe about. Let a cop see something like that or anybody for that matter and call it in and write them up before something tragic happens. Body parts don't grow back. Lives are changed.

7. LindblomRJ

LindblomRJ LawnSite Silver Member

Had a nice rain here yesterday and today. In fact I drove in rain for about 100 miles. It was nice... Much needed.

8. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

Well now I don't cut my lawns unless they need it, so even if the schedule says it needs cutting but I can clearly see that it has not grown enough, then I don't cut it.

That's because to cut a dry, stressed lawn will only stress it further and eventually kill it, as you're learning. Most of mine are still green, perhaps there is a lesson here to be learned why it is I keep telling you guys NOT to cut as often, and don't be so greedy....?

9. Brendan Smith

Brendan Smith LawnSite Bronze Member

if things go the way they look, we'll soon be getting as much as we ever wanted (ernesto)

10. BSDeality

BSDeality LawnSite Silver Member

we definitely needed the rain too, but damn is it messing with the schedule. I'm still backed up on Friday's route today on Tuesday.