1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by script, Jun 5, 2001.

1. script

script LawnSite Member

I know it's never a good thing to hope for bad weather, but I've had one good day of rain in over a month, so I'll take it anyway I can get it. Skies are dark and rumbling and it's a light rain outside right now. I just heard that theres a tropical storm in the gulf that should come this way and dump some much needed rain for the next few days. Hope you guys are out of the drought where you are.
  2. Island Lawn

Island Lawn LawnSite Senior Member

A few hrs ago, I saw a report about the possibility of that becoming the first named storm (Allison?). You'll get her first! I hope she dosent turn into anything more than we need!

Currently, it's been thundering like mad for the better part of 5 hours. The humidity is so thick, it almost counts as precipetation. But nothing really wet, yet.
  3. Toroguy

Toroguy LawnSite Bronze Member

I hoped for rain and I wish I hadnt!

I could use a drought right now. I havnt been caught up in weeks. The rain wont stop and Im done mowing clumps of grass and getting soaked. I think if our rain stopped it would take a month before we would need additional rainfall.

A tropical storm should give you plenty of rain. Hope it helps you out.
  4. dhicks

dhicks Member

Between April 18th & May 18 we could not buy rain and now we can't give it away. If I ever get up todate on my accounts I'll consider myself lucky. Script: I hope you get some of this stuff.
  5. Groundcover Solutions

Groundcover Solutions LawnSite Bronze Member

i hate rain with a passion
    10 Day Forecast

Canton, MI (48187)
    Tuesday, June 5, at 3:28 PM Eastern Daylight Time
    Hi (°F) Lo (°F)

Jun 5 Showers 54 °F

Jun 6 Showers 63 °F 54 °F
    UV Index: 3 Low

Jun 7 Showers 69 °F 54 °F
    UV Index: 6 Moderate

Jun 8 Isolated T-Storms 73 °F 54 °F
    UV Index: 9 High

Jun 9 Isolated T-Storms 74 °F 54 °F
    UV Index: 7 High

Jun 10 Isolated T-Storms 74 °F 55 °F
    UV Index: 8 High

Jun 11 Isolated T-Storms 74 °F 56 °F

Jun 12 Isolated T-Storms 75 °F 61 °F

Jun 13 Isolated T-Storms 76 °F 60 °F

Jun 14 Isolated T-Storms 75 °F 58 °F
  6. Groundcover Solutions

Groundcover Solutions LawnSite Bronze Member

monday - rain
    tues - rain
    clear from 12 am to 5 am then rain
  7. CSRA Landscaping

CSRA Landscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

Thank God for the rain. You'll get more business. I know I was very happy once the wet stuff started falling from the sky again.:D
  8. TJLC

TJLC LawnSite Bronze Member

We finally got a nice little shower! A welcome site!
  9. Mike (MLC)

Mike (MLC) LawnSite Member

Well we wanted rain and now we've got it!! Allison is moving over us. We are under a flood warning right now, but I can tell you that it is already flooding. It has gotten worse over the past hour. I don't know how long it will end up taking to dry up. If it keeps up my trailer and truck may float off!! I guess we are making up for not having any rain last summer. When it rains it pours!!:eek:
  10. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

Its rained so much here I am starting to build an arc. The clumpy grass looks terrible, not my customers. It is taking its toll on the wannabe's too- I saw an ad in our Sunday paper for a Lawn bus for sale. He he, he is the guy that was tryin to make it under the table, it ain't happenin.

Rain is pennies from heaven, without it all we would need is a broom.