rain!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by robbo521, Jul 12, 2007.

1. robbo521

robbo521 LawnSite Senior Member

we have gotten just over 5'' in the last week.things have turned green again!:) now the fun part is to cut between the rain because when it comes it comes hard.all the corn is gone,not much good but it came just right for the cotton.

2. MANICURED LAWNS

MANICURED LAWNS LawnSite Member

Rub it in why dont you, send it this way

3. robbo521

man we was 19'' behind.i was tired of cleaning house all the time!this is the first in 3 months we have had it.

4. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Rain is good no matter how it comes...God knows I have live/worked through enough droughts.

5. twj721

twj721 LawnSite Senior Member

here in our neck of the North East Texas we have got 9.95 " this month Normal is 0.86 " total for the year is 45.36" Normal is 23.70" we got a 2" down pour Weds afternoon and they said that our total for 2days was right at 5.0" .
    Going to try to mow this morning but ground is really wet and grass is way too tall but I am not fussing yet it has not run in my front door, then I will say something

6. jkingrph

jkingrph LawnSite Senior Member

In our part of E. Texas, just south of Tyler we have had just over 11" this month. I'm a homeowner. Mowed last Saturday, and again yesterday afternoon. and took off almost 6" of growth. Temperatures have been a bit cool. When it heats up a bit with all the avalible moisture I don't know how I am going to keep up.

7. ffemt1271

ffemt1271 LawnSite Bronze Member

it has rained here for 21 out of the last 30 days , we got 6 inches last friday in 12 hours:dizzy:

8. nitro rookie

nitro rookie LawnSite Member

Robbo521 where about are you in North Alabama?
    I am familiar with Weiss lake over by Cedar Bluff and Centre.
    My Mom lives in Cedar Bluff, and my sister has Property their also.
    I've been down there 3 time so far this year.

9. Turf Manager

Turf Manager LawnSite Member

Please send rain our way. Three weeks have gone by since I have mowed some places. We did't have a good spring of rain. We need rain.

10. robbo521

i am 5 min from TN state line.just outside of Athens and 45min west of Huntsville.