rain!!!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by zim bob the landscaper, Sep 9, 2007.

1. zim bob the landscaper

zim bob the landscaper LawnSite Bronze Member

we are finally getting some rain after like 2 months of nothing but 80s and 90s the grass looks horrable so im hoping it will start ro green up again!

anyone else hurting for some rain?

2. lawncare18

lawncare18 LawnSite Senior Member

we need rain very very bad.. some lawns I havent mowed in 5 weeks...a local farmer told me hes 10,000 over budget because of fuel costs watering.. its raining here and hope it will continue.

3. mattfromNY

mattfromNY LawnSite Bronze Member

Finally getting some much needed rain. We got 2 inches 2 weeks ago, but that came all in one big downpour, and after weeks of nothing. One of my accounts on a lake had to pull their boats out of the water b/c the lake is 4 feet low!!

4. Andrew's Lawn Maintenance

Andrew's Lawn Maintenance LawnSite Member

Live in NH, I am getting calls from customers complaining that their lawns are to dry to be cut. I am tired of it. Let it come down!!!

5. Andrew's Lawn Maintenance

Crap it just stopped!!!

6. Rickco

Rickco LawnSite Member

Rained pretty good here yesterday,first in quite some time. Alittle drizzle right now and forcast for heavy rain later today and showers for the next 3 days. Bring it on!!! We are 101/2" behind right now.

7. Andrew's Lawn Maintenance

Guys, it makes alittle bit of a difference if you raise your blades during the dry season to 3.5".