!#*#% Rain !!!

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by White Gardens, May 23, 2008.

1. White Gardens

White Gardens LawnSite Fanatic

It's rained a bunch around here this spring. My client list is backing up like the Mississippi river.

Has anyone else had this problem?

This explains all my posts here during the day when I should be working.

2. LindblomRJ

LindblomRJ LawnSite Silver Member

It comes with the territory... Can't fight the weather. Can't complain about it either. The best thing to do is deal with it as best you can.

3. KACYDS

KACYDS LawnSite Senior Member

I use to worry so much about the weather, I would pull my hair out.:cry: I've learn thru the years, its not much you can do about it. Now when the weather is bad, I'll do paperwork, run errands for supplies, work on equipment, etc. But when the weather is good, I make a full day of it. Mom always said, "Make hay while the sun is shining".:waving:

4. k911lowe

k911lowe LawnSite Senior Member

ditto for me even though the average yearly rainfall is only 5.2 inches.when it rains we love it.its like god telling you to relax and take a break.

5. corey4671

corey4671 LawnSite Silver Member

after the drought we had last year, I have learned NEVER to complain about rain:nono: it was starting to get dry here in the last week or so, but a good hard rain yesterday evening and looks like it will rain all day today...good day like was said to pick up parts, do routine maintenance...lay around and be lazy. Yes I worked on Memorial Day because I knew it was going to rain today and tomorrow. Doesn't mean I disrespected our fallen soldiers. :usflag: I do my best to honor them EVERY day.

6. railman

railman LawnSite Member

rain is good every now and then I makes the grass grow. I love it when it rains late in the afternoons. that means I can cut grass in the morning.

7. All_Toro_4ME

All_Toro_4ME LawnSite Bronze Member

Yea, as others have said, it comes with the business. Sharpen your blades, clean your air filters, etc to get that stuff taken care of. I use to let it bother me, but I don't even give it a second thought anymore. If it rains, which it has a lot here lately, I just find other things to do and push my mowing up accordingly until its dry enough.

8. MJS

MJS LawnSite Bronze Member

Yep, that's me. I am sitting looking out my window, watching it pour on the already saturated ground. Tomorrow is gonna be fun. . .

9. LindblomRJ

LindblomRJ LawnSite Silver Member

These recent rains. They are nice we have been in a 10 year drought here. So I will be the last person to complain. Cold and it drizzled here for a while... That fine with me.