rain

Discussion in 'Seal Coating Forum' started by bran3225, Jun 23, 2008.

1. bran3225

bran3225 LawnSite Member

If they call for chance of rain do you guys still go out and seal? The weather has been so bad around here. Its rained everyday for like 2 weeks.

2. EWS

EWS LawnSite Member

its really hard to tell if its gonna rain because the weather forecast is always wrong. if you watch the radar and you know you can get the job done and there will be a few hours after your done before it rains go ahead. I had about 30 jobs that I had to reschedule because of the damm rain. didd about 5 on saturday and 7 today even though they said it was gonna rain it was beautiful today...

3. shepoutside

shepoutside LawnSite Bronze Member

I watch the weather radar, on my blackberry, as the weather patterns in my area can change so fast, as I'm between all the great lakes. The last 2 weeks have been a nightmare for scheduling.

4. Very true, the last 2 weeks cost me thousands, but i do go out and try to put some jobs down,i add quick dry.
    Even if i have to redo some after no big deal as long as we made something and keepo the ball rolling.
    You will never know what could have been if you dont go.

5. EWS

EWS LawnSite Member

exactly, I postponed a few job in the beginning because it said it was gonna rain and than it doesnt rain and im losing 800-1000 a day in revenue so im like screw it.

6. TylerD

TylerD LawnSite Member

I finished a driveway and about 10 minutes later it started to pour for about 10 minutes and i drive by the spot everyday still looks great... i was wondering if any of you guys have ever tried bakor sealer its an asphalt base sealer i was just looking for some feedback on it good or bad.

7. EWS

EWS LawnSite Member

acyrlic sealer dries almost instanly rain wont affect it