rain

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by stslawncare, Mar 18, 2002.

1. stslawncare

stslawncare LawnSite Bronze Member
    from DE

hey guys with all the talk of dry weather and effecting us has the past two days of rain put a good dent in it, seems like we have had tons in the course of the past week and a half. hows it helping?

2. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

We need a whole lot more. NJ is down like 15 or 18 inches of rain. A big resevoir near where I live is at 32% capacity...it looks more like a huge mud puddle than a resevoir. I just hope it comes (and soon) too.

3. GarPA

GarPA LawnSite Silver Member
    from PA

not far from you here in PA we've gotten a couple of inches recently...literally a drop in the bucket compared to what we need to erase the drought emergency....we need 5 to 10 inches more just to get things where we need them b4 heading into the dry season...if we dont get it, its really scary...for alot of reasons..not the least ofwhich some water companies will literally run out of water...water compaineshere in PA are starting to talk about rationing rules of theri own...we have never had that happen

4. hollywood

hollywood LawnSite Member

parts of maryland have been getting rain for several days but it still has only been a little over an inch of total rainfall. the governor was supposed to issue some sort of water restriction today but i heard on the news this morning he has decided to postpone. not sure exactly what the story is. it is never good going into the warmer months a foot low from where your normal rainfalls are.

5. Commander

Commander Banned

We are way below what we need here too. Today we got about 2 inches of snow which helps, but not really. It's raining outside right now. I am worried though that with the wide variety of temperature changes we are having now that we may see some chilling injury this spring in plants.

6. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping LawnSite Silver Member

it hasnt even put a dent in. we are the lowest on precip in 40 years.

7. Mykster

Mykster LawnSite Senior Member

You can have some of ours. Rains all the d*mn time.

8. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

Last year was the 3rd most rain for us in recorded history. This year so far has been very wet. Yesterday alone we were getting 1" every hour. It has rained like that since friday night.

9. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Been watching the news, Eric. Feel real sorry for all of you in TN with those floods. Send some of that rain to your buddies in the Northeast...we can use it more than you can right bout now.

prayin' for you

r

10. jbt

jbt LawnSite Member

You can have some of our rain, 8 inches and more in 48 hours here in East TN.