1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice
  1. R & R Yard Designs

R & R Yard Designs LawnSite Senior Member

How how many of you guys have sprayed right after rainfall. like to get stuff sprayed but it just finished raining more shouldn't be till later tonight am I okay to do it i
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. RigglePLC

RigglePLC LawnSite Fanatic

RR,
    Should work fine in my opinion. I did spray after rain or when the grass was wet from dew many times--no problems. In fact, I think that high humidity is better for weed control. The theory is that: if the solution dries on the leaf--it crystalizes--and can no longer be absorbed.

3. Think Green

Think Green LawnSite Silver Member

To me--It depends on what is applied! Pre-emerge.........no problem as it needs irrigation to make it more effective. Label requires most at .5 inches of rainfall or irrigation to work-Right?

Post emerge.................is tricky as it depends on the speed of penetration into the target weed. Will there be enough time for the spray to dry on the leaf surface and translocate before expected impending rains. Do you have prevailing slow breezes? Some herbicides work faster than others, so without knowing what you applied, it can't be ruled out to how it can affect your outcome.
    I have applied post emerge herbicides with surfactants, and have had rains two hours later and still had good results. It all depends!!!

4. phasthound

phasthound LawnSite Platinum Member

Think Green,

Beating the ground will not kill weeds. :)