Rain!

Discussion in 'Florida Lawn Care Forum' started by jvanvliet, May 24, 2012.

1. jvanvliet

jvanvliet LawnSite Gold Member

It's rained every do for the last two weeks. My properties are bogged down, I turned off the sprinklers on all of them (one imbecile told me not to turn of his sprinklers :dizzy:); have to lift the decks to max to keep from scalping; A/C crapped out on the Ford, it smells like a locker room jock strap... crews grumpy.

Is it time for ole Johnny W?

2. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

Time for a snickers!
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. williams lcm

williams lcm LawnSite Bronze Member

Bone dry here. Have not had any rain in a few weeks. Alot of the man made lakes have run out of water. I guess it all depends on where you live in Florida.

4. Landscape Poet

Landscape Poet LawnSite Gold Member

We had some decent rains last week which were much needed, thought we had a early start on the rainy season but so far this week has been dry. I will take it as I know before long rainy season will be here bring delays here and there, over cast days at a time along with the humidity which will make the lawns go crazy with GLS.

The good news is we are getting closer to November every day.

5. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

Only a few more days untill Hurricane Season.
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

Hottest and Dry Spring since 1998 when we had all the wild fires.

Fact of life: The South East coast of Florida has a much better climate because of Bahama breezes and weather cycle. Rains start earlier in the season than the rest of Fla. Winters are warmer and summers are cooler than the Gulf Coast. S E Fla is the Nursery capital now because of that weather. Drive South I 95 and read the Exit signs. The roads are named after former Dairy or Produce Farms that one time covered that area because of the weather and BETTER SOIL.

Yes I am crying because I live on the Gulf Coast. But then I don't have all the big city hassle associated with that area.

7. jvanvliet

jvanvliet LawnSite Gold Member

GAAAAAH! rained ALL day. :dizzy:

Gonna be a long day tomorrow, and Saturday to catch up.

8. We've had rain to some degree about 5 out of the last 10 days or so....I worked through the rain today(light on and off). I remember this time last year it was waaay hotter and no rain.....

I don't know what's worse....dry and hot or rainy and humid....it all sucks....like Mike said, each day we get closer to November....:cool2::weightlifter::clapping::clapping::walking:

9. Patriot Services

Patriot Services LawnSite Fanatic

Had some late sea breeze cells pop up. Just enough to dampen the ground and hold the dust down tomorrow. That Invest system should give you east coast guys some steady showers.
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. stickleylawncare

stickleylawncare LawnSite Member

Finally got a bit of rain last week, was really needed. Though it was nice to see the difference from the hack yard that were cutting way to low, those yards are not going to recover from the drought weve had over all.