Rain!

Discussion in 'Florida Lawn Care Forum' started by jvanvliet, May 24, 2012.

1. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

Job

I know your name, age, address, phone number and shoe size. Todays computer technology leaves nothing hidden.

2. Solid 5 hours of rain today....supposed to get more thurs-sat...

wayyyy diff than last yr..it was dry as hell and way hotter.

Was able to put in 4 hours or so working in the rain...no cutting, just detail stuff. Better than nothing.

3. jvanvliet

jvanvliet LawnSite Gold Member

Got my cutting done yesterday; put trimming on hold for now.

Trucks arer starting to smell jock straps; can't wait till rainy season :wall

4. Landscape Poet

Landscape Poet LawnSite Gold Member

Got lucky and was suppose to have 80% chance of rain today and got just a moving drizzle here and there and actually nice weather most of the day. All caught up on mowing for the week and have 4 sod estimates tomorrow a palm tree trimming and need to get to the mower shop for a recall issue on the mowers. Life is good and let it rain let it rain.....until Monday.

5. Same exact thing here. I tell you, this summer has been pretty decent so far. I know we haven't hit the 2 worst months, but still, not bad at all.
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. Duekster

Duekster LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

This is the second day of summer.

7. Not for Florida lol....summer starts in march
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. jvanvliet

jvanvliet LawnSite Gold Member

I'm ahead on all the properties; yesterday was beautiful, low humidity not too hot. Blue skies this morning... we are trimming (well the boys are).

9. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

Well looks like first storm of the season is coming into the gulf. Time to prep the chainsaws and dumptrailer.
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. Duekster

Duekster LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

I hear ya, Growing season starts in March but there is no mistaking summer for Spring. Even if Spring is running in the high 90's summer is worse. :dizzy: