Rain!

Discussion in 'Florida Lawn Care Forum' started by jvanvliet, May 24, 2012.

1. GreenT

GreenT LawnSite Fanatic

Wait..... it's raining, in FL?

What next? Too hot?

:dizzy:

2. jvanvliet

jvanvliet LawnSite Gold Member

Yours is coming! :rolleyes:

MIAMI — Tropical storm warnings have been issued for the Southeast coast from north Florida to South Carolina as a cluster of thunderstorms was gathering strength early Saturday and expected to become Tropical Storm Beryl over the Memorial Day weekend.

The National Weather Service said that the storm's maximum sustained winds were at 45 mph. But they are expected to increase as the storm moves over the waters of the Atlantic.

The system was about 285 miles (460 kilometers) from Charleston, S.C., at 2 a.m. and swirling toward the Southeast coast.

Tropical storm warnings were issued for the Volusia/Brevard County line in Florida to Edisto Beach, S.C., and watches from Edisto Beach to the Santee River. The storm is expected to eventually move southwest and the Georgia coast and northern Florida could see heavy rains starting Sunday and into next week.

3. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

I need a new rain gage. After a all night of rain it only reads 1/10 inch.

4. Duekster

Duekster LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

Wild fires across the country it seems. July 4th type weather on Memorial day weekend.

5. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

South & Central Florida Rainy season is June to Sept when the rest of the country is normally dry. About every 10 to 20 years we get a real dry spring with a lot of wild fires. This year was very dry but my area escaped any major wild fires.

Northern Florida and the Panhandle have the same weather as Georgia/Alabama.

6. Duekster

Duekster LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

I grew up in Florida and later spent many a summer there with the Grands.

W. Palm, Orlando mostly.

7. Alright guys, we're heading into battle....I'll see you guys on the other side(octoberish)
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. jvanvliet

jvanvliet LawnSite Gold Member

How's that rain up nort country?

9. GreenT

GreenT LawnSite Fanatic

Wet

10. Landscape Poet

Landscape Poet LawnSite Gold Member

Wet here too. Not that I am complaining.......yet