RAIN!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Cutter1, Aug 18, 2000.

1. Cutter1

Cutter1 LawnSite Bronze Member

I'm sick of rain. I know I shouldn't be complaining, but I'm allowed. We cut one yard today before the rain came and it never left!! Its august, but the grass is growing like april!! No offense to the guys in texas, but I'm sick of rain.

2. bob

bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE

Cutter, I got rained out Monday and today. I'd rather be a day behind from rain, than in a drought situation like last year. Don't worry, You"ll catch up this weekend!

3. Jerrys Lawn Service

Jerrys Lawn Service LawnSite Member

Cutter1, You're not alone I only got 3 yards done this
    afternoon (after some morning showers, just enough to screw
    it up) the last yard in a down pour! It'll just make
    tomorrow more interesting,HA HA.

Good Luck!
    jerryslawnservice@home.com

4. Barkleymut

Barkleymut LawnSite Bronze Member

The last 2 years have been drought city, but this year the rain has been unreal. Most of my lawns are soggy and have been that way for months. Hell you could have seeded a lawn in July and it would look great now.

5. richard2

richard2 Banned

i am done early and did all my houses in the rain....it's easy- don't use a rotary mower....they suck in the rain....use a power reel. in seattle we only get 2 months (in a good year) of dry weather....reels will pick up every bit of grass and do it very well....sometimes an old way of doing things is better

6. greenflag

greenflag LawnSite Member

Please send the rain to Texas. It is no fun mowing dry grass.

7. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

Ditto for the Spring like growth here in N.E. Wisconsin. We seem to be much luckier - it rains at night. We are 6" above normal for the year and I had to bag almost all of my accounts this week.
    I hope it slows a little but I can't complain about the paycheck.

8. SKDCO

SKDCO LawnSite Member

Please let us have rain. If anyone could,, Would you do a rain dance for East Tennessee. I would appreciate it

9. cuttin

cuttin LawnSite Member
    from nj

The rain's been tough to deal with in NJ.Hard to stay on schedule and makes for hard cuts, but the lawns look great and the money's great too!

10. SJR Lawncare

SJR Lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

The rain has been very abundant here in central Md. too. Big difference from last year. Anyway, I'll take it. Bring it on!!!
    SJR Lawncare