rain

Discussion in 'Florida Lawn Care Forum' started by williams lcm, Jul 16, 2013.

1. williams lcm

williams lcm LawnSite Bronze Member

Yes I am glad we are getting it but it seems like i can never catch up on shrubs . It seems like every day we are getting rain . Even hard to stay on top of the weeds. I wish it would only rain at night. I hate cutting wet grass and it does not have time to dry out. Really been a rough Summer

2. zturncutter

zturncutter LawnSite Bronze Member

The rain coming at all times of the day has been a pain in the neck, but the high temps in my area have been about 6 or 7 degrees cooler than last year. Nice breeze the last few days too.

3. bradsmowing

bradsmowing LawnSite Member

the rain is nice but it needs to slow down the summer only starting and looks like its going to be a crazy one

4. Landscape Poet

Landscape Poet LawnSite Gold Member

Summer is on the way out is the way I like to think of it. I must say the little storms that have been popping up all over have been a pain. My redwings have a serious odor to them from being wet all the time...and although they are less than a year old they may need to be retired soon if the smell continues to worsen. :)

5. Keith

Keith LawnSite Gold Member

Set them out in the sun and cook the funk out of them on a day off. Then toss in some baking soda before you put them on. I'll switch to rubber boots if it's too wet.

Not going to complain about the rain. It may cause a few problems, but it beats the blazing heat.

6. Tri-City Outdoors

Tri-City Outdoors LawnSite Member

1st thing I tell all new employees

Take care of your feet!

7. This is a typical Florida summer...lots of rain...it makes a big difference in temps and like Keith said it beats the blazing heat

8. Quite frankly we are halfway done with summer and it has been zipping by. August is the last hellish month imo and it starts getting better from there.

9. Landscape Poet

Landscape Poet LawnSite Gold Member

I will give it a shot.

10. ArTurf

ArTurf LawnSite Gold Member
    Male, from Ark

Consider buying a Peet boot dryer or similiar. Less than $40. It will be the best money you'll ever spent.