Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by grasscapeinc, Jul 18, 2004.

1. grasscapeinc

grasscapeinc LawnSite Member

This is getting a little rediculous. Yes, I'm glad it is not a drought but nearly 4 months now have been MAJOR excess or rain. A few more weeks and the "good couple months" will be over and the leaves will come down and rain will start again. Exception being this time there will not be the heat to dry out the wet lawns. the trees this year are huge. No way I will get all the clean-ups done......So...What is everyone doing about all of this...I can handle double cutting and doing some extra work, but double cutting EVERY lawn EVERY week for 3-4 months straight with gas hovering at $2...Gotta be some solution..I'm afraid it will continue....Farmers almanac, although didn't predict heavy spring rain says we will be absoulutely hammered with rain and cold this fall..I'm damb near going to get out of the business...I can handle temporary set-backs but not permanent ones.
  2. mkwl

mkwl LawnSite Bronze Member

If you don't want to double cut, bag the clippings.
  3. ince8728

ince8728 LawnSite Member

just suck it up, it will all pass in time. We had the same prob last year & it passed so just hang in there.
  4. Rollacosta

Rollacosta LawnSite Senior Member

weve had rain and more rain overhere and the temprature has struggled to get above 70 all summer this sure is some strange weather
  5. Mico Landscaping design

Mico Landscaping design LawnSite Member

IF you dont want to double cut then tell the customer to go 2 times a week... If not then tell them cuz of the gas price's you cant afford to cut the lawn 2 times.... I know what your goin threw but we basically just cut it up HIGH and make it look good and if we have to double cut its half a cutting more cuz of the xtra time we have to be on the job.... Its better we got the rain and stuff cuz last year at this time we were in that drought :) so let it rain :)
  6. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

I wish we had the spring that we had right now. We have been going through drought conditions here for the past two weeks and counting