Rainbird 5000 Plus Rotors

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by rvsuper, Feb 2, 2003.

1. rvsuper

rvsuper Senior Member

Anyone used them yet? I am looking to put these in business this year, just need some opinions on them? Good? Bad?

2. Mark B

Mark B LawnSite Bronze Member

I have used them I like em. I like the rain curtain nozzels and the shut off on top of the head. I just bought 2 cases of them. In my opinion the rain curtain nozzle is the best on the market today. My 2 cents

3. rvsuper

rvsuper Senior Member

How much for a box?

4. rvsuper

rvsuper Senior Member

I was looking at them on the Rainbird website today. Do they have green covers now?

5. devildog

devildog LawnSite Senior Member
    from sc

Still a relatively new rotor, let someone else find out what the life and reliability problems will be. With Regards... devildog

6. Mark B

The ones that I have installed do have the green cover.

7. thrice

thrice LawnSite Member

I switched from Rain Bird R-50's to the 5000"s two years ago. Probably have intalled 2500+ units. I love them. Very installer friendly and customer friendly. Reliability has been great.

8. rvsuper

rvsuper Senior Member

Well, I just got 6 free ones on the step today....LOL it's freezing up here, but I am going to try one out to see how they work....

In the basement shower anyways

More on testing results later

9. KerryB

KerryB LawnSite Senior Member

Just curious how did you get free ones?

10. Mark B

I bet he called his supplier and asked fer them. I got some free weathermatic heads before. Ya have say somin like I want to try those 5000 plus heads how about giving me some to try out.