rainbird ES6 contoller question

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by Garden Gate, Mar 15, 2008.

1. Garden Gate

Garden Gate LawnSite Member
    from houston

hallo everyone...am new to irrigation and sprinkler systems but i am licensed.....Today i serviced a customers system and programmed the controller which is an ES6.....discontinued according to rainbirds website.....
    the test run seems to reprogram the zones and skip zone three.....anyone ever had this problem. i tried to follow the manual but still beats me........help help someone.

2. AI Inc

AI Inc LawnSite Fanatic

Im not familiar with this clock. Did you try turning 3 on manualy and testing it electicaly?

3. Dirty Water

Dirty Water LawnSite Fanatic

The ES(X) series had really crummy circuit boards and buttons, most of the ones in the field have dead spots on them so you can't select individual zones very well.

If the homeowner is used to it, then yank it and install a ESP-M, it is close to enough to the old ES series that they wont have to learn something new.

4. Garden Gate

from houston

dirty water ....all inc ......really appreciate your input on this ........i think i will talk the home onwner into something modern yet user friendly.......see the deal with this current one is that i turn on the zones manually to identify each,..........then i program it but when i run the test run......it displays zone one but runs 5 ...displays two and runs 4 ....skips zone 3 .....displays 4 and run 6 ...and so on and so forth..........this is whats bugging me....for some unknow reason it reconfigures each zone and runs it diffrent,...............:confused::confused:

5. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

My John Fluke VOM does not have that setting.:)

6. Kiril

Kiril LawnSite Fanatic

If you have verified the wiring, then I would suggest a hard reset (remove all sources of energy for at least 5 minutes). Then reapply power and see if it works. If not, junk the controller and get a real one. :)

7. Garden Gate

from houston

that sounds like a deal.....i did verify the wiring now i will try the hard reset......then i will definately dump it..........thanks once again:usflag: