Rainbird ESP TM Pwr Off Error

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by SprinklerGuy, Jul 8, 2006.

1. I have a problem and Rainbird will not answer their gd phones so I will bring it to you guys....

RBESP TM timer.....new installation....10' of wire to valves.....Rainbird DV valves.....

The first timer showed the error the next day after installation....reset w/ battery out and power unplugged....did it again the next day. I took the timer back and swapped it. worked for precisely 8 days....it did it again yesterday.

1 fuse is fine
    2 solenoids all ohm the same and are fine
    3 wiring is not nicked
    4 wtf is the problem?

figure power surge....just coincidence...lots of storms lately......

I just want to talk to RB to find out if this is typical of what would happen during a power surege...

If it is, I don't like it. I would rather the timer revert to a program of some sort....

I wonder if there is a filter/surge suppressor I can put in to protect this pos....

help me please.... ;)

2. That is not common for a esp. I looked at a esp yesterday with the same PWR off error. The house was struck by lighting and did $5000.00 in damage. The fuse had blown on the esp, replace fuse and worked just fine. Since you have already changed the clock once I would run an extension cord from a different power source and see if it is the power source giving you problems.

3. One other thing, on the Rain Bird plug in transformers, they have a screw so you can screw it into the outlet. You know that is a big transformer with some weight and if you are plugging into a outlet that is old or not flush with the plate, it could be not getting current, that could be the problem.

4. Could be.....I'll check it....this one does not have a screw btw.

Maybe I'll camp out in the garage for a few days and watch it to see when it happens.

5. Dirty Water

Dirty Water LawnSite Fanatic

Its the sprinkler gnomes!

[​IMG]

You think they are just there for decoration, but at night, they wreck havoc on the irrigation systems.

6. PurpHaze

PurpHaze LawnSite Fanatic

They also wreak havoc. :p

7. PurpHaze

These tools work wonders on those yard gnomes. If that doesn't work then use them on the controller. :)

Sledge Hammers2.jpg

8. PurpHaze

Actually... here's what's going on inside that controller that's amking it bug out.

http://blueballfixed.ytmnd.com/

9. Thanks for the help