1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Rainbird ESP4M

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by soaked.in.sweat, May 15, 2007.

1. soaked.in.sweat

soaked.in.sweat LawnSite Member

Hey all, I would like to hear your opinions.
    I know someone who bought a bunch of controllers from a supply company that went belly up, all the controllers are dated May 06. Prices he is selling them for:
    ESP4MI = 59.95
    ESP4M = 75
    E9C = 39
    ESP12LXi+ = 170
    ESP20LXi = 240
    3 station mod for esp = 10

I have already bought 12 esp4mi's from him and they are in new condition and work perfectly. Is it wrong to install 1 year old parts for your new installs just to save money?
    He still has plenty left but when there gone there gone.
    I don't know if I should purchase enough for the whole season or not.
    If your interested let me know...
  2. grewup_withsprinklers

grewup_withsprinklers LawnSite Member

that sounds like a good deal. I pay 100 bucks for each esp4m. nothing wrong with it, keep on keepin on.
  3. hoskm01

hoskm01 LawnSite Fanatic

Unless you have left them out in the sun, they sound brand new to me. Its not like your hanging fruit on a wall, just hard plastic. Should last just as long. Who knows how long your distributor has had them in their wharehouse, then in the store, could be just as old.
  4. Bigred350

Bigred350 LawnSite Senior Member

5. PurpHaze

PurpHaze LawnSite Fanatic

Don't ever think that the "new" parts you're installing were made in the last month, especially when it's a slower-moving part like controllers as compared to sprinkler heads. :)
  6. NC_Irrigator

NC_Irrigator LawnSite Bronze Member
    from NC

thats on ebay

ive bought dozens of esp modulars from that guy with the 2006 date stamp no problems
    and its saving me hundreds. other than not getting my rainbird rewards points, im happy!

E_liquidators is his handle
  7. soaked.in.sweat

soaked.in.sweat LawnSite Member

Yeah Paul from e_liquidators. he's selling them on ebay.
    Would these controllers still be under rainbird warranty?
  8. Ed G

Ed G LawnSite Member

A home owner can get the Rainbird ESP4MI brand new for $59.95 (with free shipping from California).

Modules are about $20

Marsan turf
  9. PurpHaze

PurpHaze LawnSite Fanatic

As usual... Ed knows how to do his homework. :)
  10. Ed G

Ed G LawnSite Member

When I was getting estimates to have my sprinkler system reconnected after building a pool, a Florida Irrigator wanted to sell me the ESP-4Mi for $250 and $40 for each module.

Purp, I gotta get you some roof top photos of my yard compared to my neighbors. The difference is unbelievable. We are having drought conditions, and because everyone is running their systems, more than they should, pressure is at an all time low.

No brown spots and green circles in my back yard!

The front yard (where I still have PGP's) is a different story.