rainbird exp-24lx watering time problem

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by joeschreiber, Jan 23, 2013.

1. joeschreiber

joeschreiber LawnSite Member

Thanks, everyone for your feedback. I'm pretty sure the problem only occurs after I make an adjustment... but I am sure that I did not decrement any zone below zero. I suspect that occasionally when I make an adjustment, the controller is erroneously reading my keystrokes to decrement the watering time of a zone that is not currently selected or displayed. When I posted my original inquiry, I was hoping to get a response that this was a known bug and here's the solution. Unfortunately, this does not seem to be the case, so the problem remains a mystery for now. I have cycled the power and reset the controller. If the problem persists, I will try to find a replacement front panel. Does anyone know a good source for older rainbird controller front panels? The model is  ESP-LX+. Thanks again for all the help.

2. SoCalLandscapeMgmt

SoCalLandscapeMgmt LawnSite Bronze Member

Personally, I'd opt for a brand new controller.... no point in trying to sell your client a used panel that you can't vouch for and could crap out on you at any point. That said, if you absolutely have to go the used route there are always a ton of ESP-LX+ on E-Bay.

3. cppendergrast

cppendergrast LawnSite Member

New controller, no question...