Rainbird irrigation school

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Fishin LCO, Sep 13, 2004.

1. Fishin LCO

Fishin LCO LawnSite Member
    from NC

I'm thinking about going to the Rainbird Irrigation School. Has anybody been? What did you think about it?

Electrical Troubleshooting
    Controller Programming/Troubleshooting/Wire Tracing
    Spray Head/Rotor/Valve Troubleshooting
    Basic Hydraulics & Design

These are the four classes I am thinking about taking. I found their school on their web page. Thanks for any help.

2. Fishin LCO

from NC

bump........

3. TClawn

TClawn LawnSite Silver Member

is it over the internet or are they actual classes?
    if it's over the internet please post a link as I would be interested in going to it.

4. Fishin LCO

from NC

5. AintNoFun

AintNoFun LawnSite Bronze Member

i'd be curious to see if anyone went as well, and how informative it is?

6. jerryrwm

jerryrwm LawnSite Bronze Member

If you don't know much at all about irrigation - it is worth it!

If you know about irrigation and want to know more - it is worth it!

If you know everything about irrigation - it is worth it!

Now, you have to ask yourself if you can justify the time spent and balance that against the potential added revenue if irrigation is going to be an add on service.

Any time you can go to a seminar, workshop, or class that deals with your chosen profession, I encourage you to go. You never know who you might meet, and who knows what you will learn - either in the class or out in the hall talking to other attendees. I've been amazed at how much I have learned just sitting around shootin' the breeze with other irrigators from around the state and country. In these situations, they are not your direct competitor and tend to open up and let go a few secrets and tips that can be a great help.

So, if you can justify it, by all means go.

Of course you will come back loaded down with Rainbird hats, shirts, sample, and literature. But hell if it was sponsored by Hunter you'd get Hunter stuff.

Go, have fun.

Jerry