Rainbird ISA 304 sprinkler timer help needed

Discussion in 'Homeowner Assistance Forum' started by trobinson017, May 1, 2008.

1. trobinson017

trobinson017 LawnSite Member

Hello,
    I'm new to this forum and hoping to get some help with my fairly new Rainbird ISA 304 sprinkler timer. I say "fairly new" because I bought it 6 months ago but only got around to installing it 2 months ago.

My configuration:

2 zones
    Days of Week to water: Tues, Thurs, Sat.
    Zone 1 start time/duration: 8:45am/45 mins.
    Zone 2 start time/duration: 9:32am/45 mins.

The problem I have is that after both zones run at their programmed times and durations, about 3 hours later they start up again (around 12:30pm) and will run through their programs unless I manually stop them. I've checked all the program settings and re-read the instructions but can't find what the problem is. Also, when looking at the LCD panel I see a "1" and a "2" along the top (for the zones) and farther to the right is a "7". This "7" also shows up during the second running of the program when I cancel "1" , then cancel "2", then this "7" shows up with a runtime of 2:08. I have no idea how this got in there and since it's a 4 zone timer I haven't a clue why it's even capable of showing a "7".

Because I bought the unit so long ago I no longer have the receipt so trying to exchange it would be a pain. Also, Rainbird *charges* for phone support! :mad:

So, does anyone know how to fix this problem? Anyone?

Thanks!

trob

2. Capemay Eagle

Capemay Eagle LawnSite Bronze Member