1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Rainbird LIMR Remote Question

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by MEXANDME, Sep 1, 2012.

MEXANDME LawnSite Senior Member

Does anyone know if it will work on the old Rainbird ESP-4, 6, & 8 controllers?

2. CAPT Stream Rotar

CAPT Stream Rotar LawnSite Fanatic

I don't think it does...esp are those little dial, shotty screen right?
  3. irrig8r

irrig8r LawnSite Platinum Member

The old ones don't have connective tabs.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  4. SoCalLandscapeMgmt

SoCalLandscapeMgmt LawnSite Bronze Member

The most recent versions of the standard ESP had a remote hookup for like the last year or so before they discontinued it. I'd pass in the LIMR though.... it's a nice remote but the range is horrible. There are several Rain Master Pro-Max Universal on E-Bay right now..... the Rain Bird Remote is waaaaay overpriced for what it is.
  5. GreenLight

GreenLight LawnSite Senior Member

I personally feel like you are giving it way to much credit. I hate mine and am really disappointed in it. The hunter Roam remote is 1/5 the price and 100 times more efficient. Better range, fits in your pocket, quicker response, doesn't take 20 seconds to boot back up and resync itself to the present zone everytime it goes into sleep mode. Half the time LIMR interface simply disappears eratically, the batteries sound like they are rattling around the whole time you carry it. Sorry to post hijack, just wanted to get across how unhappy I am with this $500 and change investment.
  6. ArTurf

ArTurf LawnSite Gold Member
    Male, from Ark

I used the hunter ROAM for a while on small residential and it was better than nothing but once I went Rainmaster there was no turning back. The initial price is hard to swallow but if you are in it for the long haul it will be worth it.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  7. greenmonster304

greenmonster304 LawnSite Gold Member

This post hits the nail square on the head
    Posted via Mobile Device
  8. irrig8r

irrig8r LawnSite Platinum Member

I have the Rainmaster Universal and a Hunter ROAM. Ive learned the hard way to put the ROAM in a ziploc bag while working. It only works with Hunter controllers, but that's OK. Faster, easier set up though not quite as responsive as the Rainmaster. Does the job, just don't let it get wet.
    Posted via Mobile Device